Dear Government - Gareth Cliff's Letter To The South African Government

Mark Nelson

#51 Mr Mark Nelson

2010-10-26 10:09

Nice letter,well written.
My version wouldve had lots of 2Pac flavour though...
Julius Malema f*ck u too
Blade Nzimande f*ck u too
Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma f*ck u too
Siyabonga Cwele f*ck u too...
I think u get the picture...
Lara van der Ploeg

#52 Good job

2010-10-26 10:41

We need more letters like this! And the commentor who argues that this letter is only Gareths views should check his facts before speaking. The views aired in this letter are supported by MANY

2010-10-26 10:54

#1: Arthur Markham - Gareth Cliff

Intelligent? Personally I think it's shallow, typical gay drivel with no political insight. Please, write a proper letter with sensible arguments and I'll gladly sign ten times!

#54 Gareth Cliff's letter to Government

2010-10-26 11:54

Thanks! For a change someone said it like it is & did not gloss things over!
My concern is the persons who should be taking this to heart,are thick skinned - the proverbial hide of hippo.Do petitions and letters like this make any impression on them?
Do they even bother to read this?
Or do they just think ... another whinging letter... spot our concern?
Mark Berg-Mathiassen

2010-10-26 12:50

Awesome... Thanks so much..
Engela J M Britz

#56 Wake up ANC / Word wakker ANC - en die wereld

2010-10-26 16:37

Mnr Zuma, u moet begin besef dat om kritiseerders na u kantoor te laat ontbied, die media te muilband, die konstitusie te verkrag, bloot die verkragte nalatenskap gaan wees wat die meeste mense in die land (gaan) beleef.
Hoekom word e-posse na u kantoor ongelees verwyder? Omdat ek blank is?
Omdat ek die waarheid praat?
Omdat dit die korrupsie en onvermoee van die regering duidelik uitwys?
Mnr Zuma, kan u my nie ook asseblief na u kantoor toe ontbied nie? Gareth was beleefd teenoor wat ek te se het - beide van ons praat egter die waarheid wat u nie kan hanteer nie. Nie u of enige van u mede-"ampsgenote" nie.
The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. (William Faulkner)
Mnr Zuma, die eerste klippie wat u moet verwyder is daardie ongemaklike een in u skoen. Daardie een wat die eelt van korrupsie en blatante swak bestuur elke dag laat dikker word.
Ons vra van u dat ons almal in die land tesame 'n pad moet loop. Een waarin die landsburgers nog die posisie van die president van die land kan respekteer.
Ongelukkig moet ek vir u se dat ek meer respek het vir die meeste boemelaars in hierdie land.
Engela J M Britz

2010-10-26 16:47

When I read this article the first time, I thought, Wow - Gareth Cliff the man.

Later on...

I'm 95% sure Gareth voted for the ANC. So this makes Gareth and all the other black & white Goonies that voted for the ANC just as quilty as our corrupted government. So please don't come now with your wise ass talk & stories.

You are also part of the failure of this country...
Clair Anderson

2010-10-27 01:02

I think it rocks
Dion Barkhuizen

#63 Well said.

2010-10-27 16:41

Well said - just hope those it is intended for can read (and understand) it...
Tanya

#64 G's Letter

2010-10-28 08:15

This is so eloquently written. Tax paying citizens in this country are fed up and Gareth could not have said it any better

Thanks G
Zai Rama Barendse

#67 ITS TIME!

2010-10-28 12:17

Time to give back to the people that elected you. Goverment HAS THE DUTY to look after the people of their country. DO IT, and stop *&^%$#@ around!
Lawrence Biffi

2010-10-28 13:32

Its so true what he said, finally someone speaking out with the truth and facts.
Tsundu Shivambu

#69 ANC Is Corrupt Period!!!

2010-10-28 13:51

When they removed Mbeki they said We the public didn't put him in power but them (ANC). that clearly showed their lack of respect of the public they serve. and now they do all they wish, they never consider us. all the happens to us is the ever increased tax, fuel and now electricity charges. The ANC is pathetic.
Nathan

#70 Does it really matter

2010-10-28 17:02

Firstly I just need to say well done to Gareth for telling it like it is, well a small portion of how it is. I fully support what he has written and I signed this petition the minute I saw that it was open. My main worry is that does it really matter. I believe strongly in what Gareth has put down in black and white, but does anyone really believe for a minute that the government will do anything about it. They might read the letter once or twice, but knowing this government they will more than likely say that it is a racist letter written by a racist white. That seems to be their normal stand point. I so wish this was not the case, but the government is run by old school people and their beliefs and values are set in stone and will not change. Until the youth of today, and I am not talking about the fat idiot who thinks he runs the country, and from the way the ANC never seem to put him in his place, maybe he does run the country in a way. No I'm talking about the true youth, who actually care about this country and know that this country could be so much better than it really is. Until they stand up and be counted, there is not much more we can do but wait.

Maybe it is just a waiting game that we have to play now. This country has such great potential and we have the ability to be a powerful nation, intellectually. I cant wait to read the response from government to Gareth's letter. I just think I might die of old age first.

Anyway I really hope some good comes out of this. We as South Africans must stand up and be noticed. We must never forget that government works for us, NOT the other way around. It was votes that got them into power it will be votes that get them out. I also hope that when the ANC are finally removed from power they go quietly, as they might decide to turn violent as they have had power for to long now and they wont believe it when it happens.

Long live this beautiful country of OURS, each and every South African.
Maria De Almeida

#71 Comment

2010-10-28 18:19

I agreed with everything that was mentioned in the letter.The goverment needs to realize that there selfish and dishonest living is not a solution to what this country needs. They need to take responsibility for thier actions and acknowledge that people in this country are suffering at thier expense.
Anneka Hartley

2010-10-28 22:01

You better do something or we will!
Sean Adriaanzen

#73 Well Said G

2010-10-29 00:06

Sign me up for the "real revolution"
Garth holder

#74 if u can read this, it might do u some good

2010-10-29 07:30

learn to read losers and them this might be of some help to you