Keep Mytchett Sure Start Open

/ #68

2015-02-16 22:41

As a family, we have benefitted hugely from this childrens centre following the birth of our son who was born with disabilities. Before I had any confidence to take my son out, Julie, the outreach worker, visited us at home and taught me baby massage and helped me to access other services. Her support has been a godsend to us at a time when I didn;t know where to turn, and I am certain that she has helped me and my son to bond and have the lovely relationship that we have. I joined the New Mums group in September and my son and I wetre made to feel so welcome and "normal" by Elaine and the team and my son and I have attened several of the groups and classes offered since. My husband recently started attending the Dads group with our son which they both really love. My husband says that Elaine is great at suggesting ideas on ways to help with our son's development It is also easy for them to get to on the bus when I am at work and no other childrens centre is as accessable to us by public transport. We will be truly devastated if this centre closes down!