Flooding of Maidenbower/Furnace Green bridleway

/ #50

2014-02-04 15:15

My son is in year 10 and this tunnel has continuoulsy flooded during this time, parents of older children and Maidenbower residents state the problem is historic. It takes an hour to walk the alternative route and driving through the traffic problem caused by this problem still means late arrival to school.I'm loosing money at work, spending more money on fuel and my children are loosing hours of education. Now we have brought new welly boots (more expense)but with the water an inch from the top of them there is no guarentee they can get through every time. During the inconvenience of the tunnel being in closed in Dec12 it was naturally accepted that the flooding issue would have been addressed at the same time of the bridge extention and not that it would make it far worse than ever, regardless of the weather conditions of late, this tunnel has been flooded on occasions when it was least expected. I chose the school for my children because of it's excellent education, unequalled standards locally and easy walking distance, NR are letting our children down, this needs a permanent solution not just a quick fix with another pump out please.