Say NO to Peterborough Brown Bin Tax

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Say NO to Peterborough Brown Bin Tax.

2014-03-21 15:01

We used to put garden rubbish in black bins. When council insisted on us hsving brown bins we were told we mustn't put it black bins anymore. Now everybody is going to be putting it in black bins again and the council will have to collect all the unwanted brown bins. The other problem is with silver food bins. We have to pay for biodegradeable bags to go in them. When it firdt started they said it wouldn't cost more to collect as there would be a section for it on the ordinary rubbidh collection carts, however they now send a separate truck for the food one. On Tuesday it was Green bin day plus brown bin plus the silver food bin and 3 separate carts came out. This cant be cost effective.

2014-03-21 19:39

If they do charge then we should get a refund on our council tax! They should be charging us twice, which they will be.

2014-03-21 20:43

We pay enough tax!!!

2014-03-22 08:24

We already pa for the brown bins.. its called COUNCIL TAX !!!

2014-03-22 09:35

Don't you think we pay enough at these hard times?

2014-03-22 16:40

Mind you, we can all save the effort because King of the Bins, Cllr. Gavin Elsey reckons the Key Theatre, the Museum and all libraries other than central library will close if people do not pay for their brown bit emptying. I find that hard to believe.
Choose a nickname

#32 Subject

2014-03-22 21:39

Shocking. vote them out

2014-03-23 11:58

Theres a simple solution we start putting our brown waste in front of town hall. This councils a joke anyway. I will pay you to take my brown bin waste and you can pay me for the recycled waste that you make a profit on from me. Maybe you should stop ripping us off.

2014-03-24 10:47

I have read all the comments left by very angry people (and rightly so) but there's one comment I've not read and that is they won't collect from your back garden anymore you have to put it outside on the path or road other wise they won't empty the bin so not only are you paying twice for the bin service you didn't ask for, your also paying to use your energy taking it from your garden to the path/road. I live in the 3rd to the last house in a row of terraced houses and in the councils infinite wisdom over 40 years ago they put up a solid fence at the bottom of the back gardens, so if I was to use the brown bin I would have to pull it about 20 yards to the road, luckily my garden as been slabbed. I most certainly will not be paying this new tax for something I do not use or ever need to.

2014-03-27 17:37

I am outraged at the thought of having to pay extra for my brown bin to be emptied!!! Do the council not get enough out of us as it is. Not to mention the fact that they make compost from it and have the cheek to sell it to you if you want any!!!!

2014-03-28 17:10

The Council spend years asking us to help them achieve their recycling targets and earn grants from Central Government for the City..

And then when we have co operated they hit us with that..

I shan't be going out of my way anymore to help them with their targets..
What a disgrace

2014-03-28 19:46

Why should we pay for our brown bin to emptied ? And they put up council tax it's disgusting :(

2014-03-28 22:10

Why not actually listen to the people of Peterborough. This is not wanted what a absolute joke this great city has become

2014-03-29 08:05

Sorry but no council tax rise and supplementary charges for bins?
Sounds like a rise to me
Matt

#40 Demand a referendum

2014-03-31 20:02

The council are claiming our tax is frozen. This effectively amounts to a 4.2% increase for band A properties. If the council tax goes up by more than 2% then by law there should be a referendum - this avoids that!

Tax by stealth!

2014-04-05 06:00

We pay enough for our council tax as it is and the brown bin contents should make money by putting it in a co poster and then sell it back. If you pay extra for this we should get our compost free all the time.

2014-04-05 22:02

We pay Council Tax for emptying bins, we didn't ask for the brown bin, yet the Council sell the waste.
How much has it cost to supply each household with a bin and to send out leaflets??
This service is part of taxes we already pay!

2014-04-06 07:04

Prefer the Council Tax to rise for EVERYOne.
If this tax goes ahead there will be fly-tipping, burning of rubbish,disagreements between neighbours.
All should share this responsibility as we share road repair, schools, etc

2014-04-09 14:51

Next will be your main rubbish bin of course thinking they have you over a barrel .watch out now for fly tippers and watch our beautiful city go to waste .ah how our grandparents will be so proud off us they win the biggest war and we destroy it slowly thanks greedy councillors

2014-04-10 02:36

The council already gets you to pay council tax which this service is included they then make the wast into compost and sell it back to you it should therefor be paying for its self.

2014-04-10 11:13

Over priced.. Why not provide people with a conpost bin?? You can put garden waste in black bin anyway!! Ridiculous and pointless
Voodoo Child

#47 Tax increase by back door

2014-04-18 16:36

They pretended to keep the Council Tax increase to a minimum to look good with rate payers. They have introduced the brown bin charge to get the increase they really wanted. They forgot !!! to mention how much they make by selling the compost produced from the brown bin collections.

2014-04-20 11:19

We already pay council tax that covers our bin collections, so there should be no reason why we should have to pay extra for the brown bins. Besides i throught the council was encouraging recycling in the city and this will not, it will lead to more rubbish being dumped. Also what a waste of money by the council, bring them in the first place for them not to be used because people are going to pay for the brown bins to be empted.

2014-04-26 21:40

Haven't collected my dad's bins since Christmas, now they want to charge, where else is council tax going
WishfulFinkin

#50 Re: Re:

2014-04-27 13:09