New Broughton Village, Burglary Vulnerability.

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition New Broughton Village, Burglary Vulnerability..

2014-03-12 19:50

Contour are useless.
security expert

#2 tasers

2014-03-12 20:19

Being a fully qualified security expert, I believe that if the code for the gate is entered incorrectly three times the offending individual should be tasered or at the very least shot at close range in the thigh with a spud gun. Signs should be displayed on all gates stating this, which would be the ultimate deterrent.

2014-03-18 20:40

Though there are several solutions available to this problem the one underlying agreement amongst residents is that the security provided by the gates was a factor in moving here, and at present that security is severely lacking.
Victoria

#4 More timewasting from Contour

2014-05-28 12:09

Just to let everyone know, I have been in contact with Contour today and have finally got an answer to whether the promised meeting between themselves and Countryside has taken place and no prizes for guessing that it hasn't.

Janet from Contour also mentioned that once the meeting has taken place she does not expect a solution and more meetings would be required. In the meantime they are sending around a questionnaire as to what they should do. I have told her that this is absolutely rediculous as it is blindingly obvious what they should do which is fix the gates as that is what we pay them to do, then if they feel they should be compensated by Countryside or the manufacturer of the gates it is up to them to seek compensation through the court system.

Either way its more letters and no work for our money, its an absolute joke!
Matt john
The author of this petition

#5 News Update:

2014-05-30 12:30

Hi guys just to keep you up to date with developments. I've had a further reply from our local MP a week ago. Hes previously wrote a letter on our behalf to Countryside seeking explanations. He's recived a response from country side and is still awaiting a reply from Greater Manchester Police and has also now written to the Chief Executive of Symphony Housing Group regarding the maintenance of the gated systems. As soon as he receives replies he will respond with further developments. If anyone in the community has any information they would like to share to inbox me at matthewjohnengland@gmail.com.

The Letter from the director of Countryside to Graham Stringer MP reads;

"

It is disappointing to hear of the complaints made to you from your constituents regarding instances of crime and anti social behaviour taking place in the development, however it is perceived or caused.

Since the start of the regeneration, along with greater Manchester police, the developer partners have worked to reduce crime and anti social behaviour in the area. Indeed as recently as 29th April 2014, neighbourhood managers from symphony group, great places housing group and salix homes confirmed to ourselves and the council that reports of crime and anti social behaviour in the development whilst not entirely eliminated had significantly reduced since the development began.

Along with the delivery of the new river view primary school, green Grosvenor park and almost 1000 new homes to date, the development has brought a transformational change to an area which was in social and economic decline. Plans for further development are underway and without doubt will continue to improve the environment and positively enhance the lives of those who live there.

I have looked into the matter of the security gate systems installed as part of the overall design of the development, and can confirm that following the completion and handover of these works, their subsequent management, operation and maintenance is entirely under the control of contour property services (CPS). Part of symphony Housing Group, Contour Property Services provides leasehold services for those who own their homes and for those who rent their homes provided by contour homes and great places Housing Group the Registered Providers of the development.

I am aware that a number of vehicle access gates have suffered damage due to deliberate impact from cars and other vehicles also through the misuse and vandalism by individuals resulting in gates remaining open or inoperative until repairs can be completed. The company held a meeting with CPS in November to discuss joint concerns regarding the gated systems. Review and analysis of the issues experienced on site, in our opinion, remain a combination of a lack of appropriate maintenance regime in place using the correct parts, but substantially and unfortunately acts of vandalism forcing the gates open which in turn damage the motors which operate the gates.

We have identified one pair of gates where the construction of the pier to the gate is not constructed correctly and the company is arranging for that to be corrected. We remain in dialogue with CPS and a meeting is diarised for May to conclude discussions.

I understand that CPS has very recently written to the residents to outline the damage and repairs issues with the gates, how this will be addressed and the need for vigilance in the correct use of the gates.

Please be assured that we will continue to work closely with Contour Property Services.

Yours sincerely

Ian Kelley

Managing Director."