Against Coventry Councils Rates Demands

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Against Coventry Councils Rates Demands.

2014-02-13 16:03

This business needs to be supported by the council for its great work and support within the community and surrounding areas.

#27 Appalled but not surprised

2014-02-13 17:53

As a local business owner, who's friends with other local business owners, I have avoided opening a shop front and stayed in the realms of freelance and flexibility as I have seen ridiculous situations like this inflicted on local business owners time and time again.
I hope this can be rectified, I don't know the place nor the man as it's right on the other side of town but it sounds like an incredible business and community endeavour, and if it's been sustained for 11years before getting involved with a council property! Well, indeed. I'm so sorry to hear it.

I hope we don't see these kinds of games played in the FarGo development. I may have to move City if that gets done over too!

2014-02-13 19:35

Martial Arts and The Way of The Spiritual Warrior (Or any true dojo) are vital to teaching all generations and all people a way of Peace and Sanctity. Curious how much a council needs to ask for money from such a system, perhaps to pump more into a militarised and Americanised Police system. Godiva is Alive.

2014-02-14 10:20

The mafia er, I mean council misleading people.....never.
They have done more to destroy this city than the Nazi's ever dreamed off. I hope your all proud of the cesspit you've created.
Rich Olpin

2014-02-14 11:07

I'd be inclined to go to the press with this one, really push the facts that a) you're doing something for the community and b) they've pulled the rug from under you after you'd moved in.

2014-02-14 14:21

Shame on the Council

2014-02-14 21:09

Martial Artists stick together!!!!

2014-02-16 13:31

I have been a student of Warrior martial arts for 6 years.
And this time I have seen all types of student helped in lots of ways,from the bullied,educationally challenged,shy,and lots more besides,in all I have seen the huge difference in the quality of life for these in the time they have used the Club.
This club is greatly beneficial to this area,and serves the community with pride.

2014-02-16 16:06

I was born and raised in Coventry. Although I now live in Southampton my family live throughout Coventry. By being so obviously idiotic the council helps no-one and they should understand just how much help this club gives a large number of families and children.

2014-02-24 16:29

the demands being made are not only over the top there seems to be no understanding about the services to the public and the community in my opinion the council should be helping these types of clubs that do so much for adults and childrens development help such great places become financially viable not trying to impose the letter of the law without common sense being used at some stage theres a difference between cant pay and wont pay long live the spiritual warrior dojo and the hundreds of decent people that use it

2014-05-17 21:51

Been in a similar situation myself around 20 years ago when I owned a couple of shops.Ended up having to cough up five grand(around £10,000 in today's money)and closed one shop down.And what about GKR with their substandard service and substandard premises? I doubt if they pay any tax,let alone UBR.