SAVE PENARTH LIBRARY

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition SAVE PENARTH LIBRARY.

2013-11-27 11:57

Penarth library is at the heart of our community and an invaluable resource for all of the generations. Staff there are helpful and knowledgeable; recently a member of staff spent time helping me to find out how to apply to become a school governor! I regularly borrow books and audio books from the library which is a landmark building in our town.

2013-11-27 12:30

A beautiful building and a part of growing up in Penarth.
It would be a shame to lose it.

2013-11-27 12:58

The Library is the heart of our town and enjoyed by everyone. Deprived of this facility we would be a poorer society.

2013-11-27 17:07

There is no way a town the size of Penarth should be without a library, especially with the amount of council tax that we are required to pay. Penarth Library was my first job when I left school in the fifties, it had status within the community then and has continued to do so. It has continued to modernise through the decades, but retains a unique quality of service.
I think that Penarth should be on its guard. VoG promises everything but gives nothing. We might retain our library service, but what and where is it going to be?

2013-11-27 18:32

I believe that the library has far more value to Penarth residents than the proposed pathway along the disused railway track and the funds earmarked for the path should be re-allocated to the library.

2013-11-29 13:30

I have already contacted Stephen Doughty, Vaughn Gethin and VoG voicing my concerns!

2013-11-29 21:57

The library building is an iconic feature of the town centre and provides a valuable service to those who live within the town and surrounding area.

2013-11-29 22:57

this is an outrage we are losing all our historic buildings.

2013-12-05 12:55

Well done for starting this!

2013-12-05 21:37

Tax payers monies have been used to tarmac a perfectly good path and now the Council wants to close the library?? Priorities are scrambled in VOG :-(

2013-12-06 15:30

Although I left Penarth many years ago, I still have happy memories of the Library. The books that I discovered aged 14 inspired me to follow my chosen career in psychology.
Later, my children were able to enjoy using the library during extended visits in Penarth to their grandmother, who herself was a devotee of the library.
It must be saved, both for current users and for the future.

2013-12-15 23:17

Although I live in Cardiff I do not want to see the closure of Penarth library. I may want to go there and browse the books. Also it does not encourage children and young people living in Penarth to read books. It would be better to charge library members for the use of the computers in libraries rather than close libraries.  People, use libraries or lose them.  If there's a book you want to read find out if it's available in your local library, if on loan put a hold on it and if not available recommend the library service to order.  Libraries are becoming more and more like free cyber cafes while cyber cafes are going out of business.