Say no to stalybridge mosque

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Say no to stalybridge mosque.

2013-11-19 00:16

Improve yourself and the world around you improves through perspective

2013-11-19 17:40

no response then to clear progression of debate? You were just owned by that guy!

#578 Re: Re: Re:

2013-11-19 18:11

#570: - Re: Re:  I never claimed to, simply referenced him as someone with long term direct experience of the points at issue. No doubt some areas are 'fine', many others demonstrably are not and not just in India. There are no more tensions in Stallybridge as the mosque proposal has been rejected due to the large number of people signing the petition and lodging formal objections. if the bulk of local public opinion had been in favour no doubt a petition would have been launched in favour of the mosque, it wasn't because they clearly aren't. I didn't insinuate anything, I responded directly to the point raised where it was stated that, ' I don't understand why someone who hasn't been is telling me as if they know better' so they DID allude to it. Living in India in apparent total ignorance of the manifest and widespread inter cultural problems and regular outbreaks of hostility and violence and vaguely stating eveyhting is 'fine' certainly doesn't qualify anyone to comment more than someone who's never been there. I didn't react wildy simply used irony to demonstrate the irrationality of a specific statement.

#579 Re:

2013-11-19 18:15

#571: -  I said there was a massive disproportion between Black on White rapes and vice versa in America with virtually no cases of the latter, as the US collects and collates ethnicity as part of its statistical analysis of offences. This information is easily and widely available. Let me know if you come up with anything that demonstrates otherwise. 

#580 Re:

2013-11-19 18:26

#572: -  I never stated what proportion of Halal was pre or unstunned just that I was strongly opposed to the latter due to its inherent barbarity and cruelty and the fact that British slaughtermen would be prosecuted for doing so, and that having separate laws for different cultures within the same country was dangerous, unfair and divisive. People are prosecuted for animal cruelty or neglect if the stunning failure is due to negligence if caught, unless of course they're practising Halal/Kosher (or is that anti-Semitic) in which case they're let off when inflicting deliberate and totally unnecessary suffering, an indefensible and appalling state of affairs. It manifestly IS far more cruel to deliberately slit the throat of an animal when fully conscious as opposed to unconscious, that's why stunning was introduced in the first place. Why comment about the proportions stunned and unstunned if you really do equate the two.

#581 Re:

2013-11-19 18:37

#573: -  You've ignored the posts regarding the British Islamic population's exponential growth and their consequent takeover of many and growing areas. This is about opposition to (in this case the Stalybridge mosque proposal) potential problems in the future created by the well evidenced behaviour and exponential population growth of a specific cultural group. So what if they're a few per cent now, on all the demographic evidence available, for instance between 2004 - 2008 the Islamic population of Britain grew ten times faster than any other group, they'll be massively more numerous in a few years. There is ample and global historical and modern precedence for such methods, as repeatedly posted on here. NO other organised paedophile gangs from one cultural group systematically target the female children (you forgot the age factor) of another group. If so name them. 

#582 Re:

2013-11-19 18:50

#574: -  The totalitarian aspect was fully and comprehensively explained. People's feelings are not an exclusively racial issue, no doubt many people of Pakistani descent aren't bothered about the word unless it's used offensively, some are. Like us and other groups  they're all individuals in that respect. Indeed some White people are hysterically and irrationally oversensitive to the mere use of words such as Paki and nigger due to the current obsession with race issues. If anyone knowingly uses such words offensively they should be dealt with in proportion to the actual nature and specific circumstances of the case, not grossly disproportionately punished due to modish obsessions by the authorities and establishment with ethnic issues. My right to use this or any word is exactly equal to anyone else's right to object. I will put my case using reasoned argument, others will put theirs. Although no-one has supplied any sort of cogent argument against using these words in a non-offensive context, apart from fabricated statements about what all people in a specific racial/cultural group think.

#583 Re:

2013-11-19 18:54

#575: -  All such comments should be condemned in proportion to their seriousness, intent and context, as I have repeatedly said. It isn't my job to reprimand bigots, they reprimand and condemn themselves to any balanced intelligent individual. Anyone should feel free to use the word Paki in the proper context.

2013-11-29 01:00

was scanning through this weeks edition of the Tameside Advertiser and came across an article in the 'Readers Letters' section and in relates to the plans for having a Mosque built on Kenworthy Street in Ashton there is a guy who has written up and complained about the council rejecting the plans I red his comments and started laughing. The guy is claiming that every person who has signed the petition is a "Racist" and "Anti-Muslim"... Give me a break lol. Why are we "Racists" for not wanting a mosque built there?? He wrote that [and I quote] "White Christian's have Sunday Bible churches etc etc so why car'nt Muslims have a Mosque?" Well, in Islamabad and other Asian country's Do they have 'White Christian Churches' etc etc?? NO so why should Muslims be aloud to have Mosque's here in the UK??? Are Muslims and Islams hoping/trying to get Brtitish people into the Islamic Religion and culture or something? Why do we [British] even want to learn about the "True Meaning of Islam" etc etc?? I know Britian is already "Devided" to a certain extent, We have Asian Community's in alomst every Town, City and Area in the UK I wonder how many [If any at all] White Christian familys live in Islamabad, Asia, Baghdad and other Foreign countrys???

2013-12-02 18:54

It's spelt can't not car'nt

You mention the location like that is the reason for your not wanting the mosque but then go on to say that 'Islam a bad doesn't have churches.' they do have churches though and if you want to visit these places then you can. Your comment is small minded and full of fear.
Saf

#586 Re: How is saying no to a mosque racist?

2013-12-09 21:53

#53: - How is saying no to a mosque racist?

There is Plenty of churches in Muslim countries, I come from turkey & ive seen many. do a bit of research before you say there isnt. There is also churches in Pakistan as there is 5% population of pakistani christians.

2013-12-13 22:51

I wish there was as much opposition by the locals of stalybridge when the council was approving applications for the nightclubs and bars because surely they have caused more problems in the town than a mosque ever would.

2013-12-18 13:11

Look at the UKs public service sector, it is entirely supported by Immigrants. Where do you think our doctors and nurses come from? The majority of our hospitality industry is supported through Immigrants who are working hard and doing a brilliant job.

This country makes more money on cross border import and immigration than it spends on it making it a valued part of our culture, so all these people going on about they should go home or vote for ukip and the like really need to wise up.

Regardless of the above mosques are available for use by both Immigrants and British nationals of the Muslim faith and they have every right to own property and use it as such without such uproar. Uproar from people who contribute absolutely nothing to local or national community.

2014-03-03 19:26

Typical of this council of going behind the backs of the people who elected them. well no more its about time we the people of Tameside stood up to these incompetent arrogant idiots.
The people who signed this petition were quite clear on the issues, but no they blatantly ignore us at every turn.

2014-03-05 12:24

No need for any they got one in ashton under lyne whitch is a blot on the landscape we wouldnt be able ti build a church in pakistan

2015-04-13 05:34

Where ever a mosque is built houses devalue

2015-09-20 10:21

I am not against having a mosque bilt, but we already have one in Hyde and one in Aston, and as a result the surrounding areas changed dramatically I have live in and around stalybrige for my hole life and I think it is a bad idea for the Community