save withernsea 2nd fire appliance

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition save withernsea 2nd fire appliance.

2016-01-24 15:12

It is ludicrous to take any emergency service away from a rural community like ours.

2016-01-24 17:28

Because I feel our local fire stations (Withernsea and Patrington) have such a large area of Holderness to cover and not just fires but road traffic accidents as well. To loose one of the engines would put lives at risk.

2016-01-24 22:46

If we are left with only one pump at withernsea we and many others who need help to evacuate cant get help in the house

2016-01-25 15:53

Withernsea fire station is regarded by the brigade as very efficient. Limited saves would be made in removing a pump. Genuine savings could be made elsewhere in the region.

2016-01-25 23:18

Withernsea needs both engines god forbid bp at easington went up or 2 house fires break out we pay for these in our council tax and wish to keep them BOTH

2016-01-26 09:29

Need the extra fire crew cutting them means cutting the first response car I'm epelptic and had a respiratory arrest as there was not ambulances about the first response people saved me life then a few months later I had a tacki cardiac arrest and went into a cardiac arrest and they saved my life due to no ambulance about cutting the fire station means cutting the first response means if there is no ambulances about people will loose there lifes like me this really needs to be thought about properly instead out cutting things apparently that are not needed  

2016-01-26 16:29

Because it is essential living in the rural area we live in

2016-01-26 19:54

Because it's unbelievable how few emergency service vehicles are available in not only Withernsea but the whole of East Riding.

To be quite honest I find it appalling and something really needs to be done to get more vehicles and more help and support as fast as possible in emergency situations. I can give a list of severe emergencies that have happened in East Yorkshire in the last couple of years and have ended up having to wait 1-2 hrs for emergency/medical help and attention

Anonymous

2016-07-04 00:38

Because I live 2 mins away (Burton Pidsea) and we'll need this just as much (I think) as we don't have a fire service of our own !!