We ask council to reconsider cutting Play Bus

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition We ask council to reconsider cutting Play Bus.

2015-10-16 15:30

my kids love the play bus!

2015-10-16 16:04

My daughter and I love the play bus and will be very upset if it goes.

2015-10-16 16:08

Spent many happy times using the Play Bus. Kids love it! Great for community. Where everyone meets up. Enjoy taking a picnic along for kids. Staff are great. Save our Play Bus please.

2015-10-16 17:05

because my child play at the play bus on a thrusday n he enjoy it n all his friends play there as well

2015-10-16 17:59

I remember as a child spending so much of my time outdoors after School but in todays world we need to be able to do this in a safe environment and the Playbus allows this.  Outdoor play is so important for children, it helps them to master physical skills as well as refining their motor skills.  The Playbus allows social interaction which is so important for their learning especially around social customs such as sharing, co-operating and turn taking.  Playing outside is great for children's immune systems as well as keeping them fit and healthy by being active instead of sitting indoors playing computer games.  After winning a National Playwork award earlier this year I can't believe that B&H Council are even considering stopping this valuable service.  We will certainly miss this service and the amazing bunch of people that work super hard to create different activities each week/day for the children.

2015-10-16 18:37

The playbus is amazing. I've been going since my daughter was 2 and now she's 7. This would really effect the children as they learn so much and have so much fun, every single week my daughter looks forward to it.

2015-10-18 06:16

I signed the petition because I would be so disappointed if the council did no longer provide the travelling bus. It's an entertaining and educational event for children and families grouch the summer holiday.

2015-10-18 09:21

the play bus is great for kids. it gets them out and about and doing lots of exercise. why would you want to cut this?

2015-10-18 19:53

The playbus is a valuable outreach service providing support to many families across the city.

2015-10-19 16:20

I've seen the play bus in action many times, it is always popular, well attended, used and appreciated by parents and children in Brighton. To lose this service would be doing a great disservice to its users.

2015-10-19 19:05

My granddaughter loves the playbus

2015-10-19 21:41

The Play Bus is such a wonderful thing for children in some of the most deprived areas of the city.

2015-10-20 12:10

The Community work they do is priceless, not possible to put on an accountants spreadsheet.

Very much doing their bit for the so called 'Big Society'?

2015-10-20 19:37

My kids have always loved this wonderful community resource! Save it

2015-10-20 20:22

Don't children matter to the council with all these cuts to services that make children and families' lives better?

2015-10-21 18:07

After school on a Tuesday at the Milner flats come rain or shine my children have to go to the play bus, the staff are amazing and so child friendly and the amount for children to do is never ending from physical to arts and crafts, surely you can't take this away from the children make cuts else where

2015-10-22 10:30

I have been a Playworker for 15 years and have seen the effects of the importance of having good play opportunities for children.

2015-10-22 19:20

The Play Bus is a vital service that brings communities together and gives a much needed play opportunity to children who might not otherwise have it!

2015-10-24 10:55

From a grandparent - huge benfits of Playbus: free good quality play support across age ranges: dedicated, skilled staff: helps reduce social isolation: children&carers love it-a really valued resource: POSITIVE use of local public outdoor areas: brings local children and parents together:encourages responsible use of playspace eg Hangleton action on dog fouling followed up by local children: encourages engagement and pride in local area activities.  Playbus provides huge social benefits to local communities -PLEASE do not withdraw this service!  

2015-11-01 23:38

Another story of a well-loved, important service being cut. Children need play, and its' vital that kids in disadvantaged communities don't miss out. The playbus has brought children and families together and it is they who will suffer.

2015-11-06 19:54

Cuts affecting childrens essential learning skills always a #fail from me.

2015-11-20 21:21

We don't have a garden and the play bus is the best way for my children to have fun an stay safe in the local park !! Save our play BUS !!!!

2015-11-21 18:29

If is vital service provided in the deprived areas of our city and is very well used and much needed. The outcome is tremendous reduce health inequalities developing social cohesion and engaging different communities.

2016-06-29 20:20

Children in Brighton and Hove seem to love these guys. My 3 year old is extremely sad that it is no longer at the Level at weekends.

2016-10-12 19:05

This is an important asset to the community, it gets children of all ages and abilities mixing together playing outside in the fresh air. The range of toys and equipment for them to play and explore with is fantastic as are the people who run the bus.