Stop the cuts at Walkden Sixth Form Centre

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Stop the cuts at Walkden Sixth Form Centre.

2015-10-04 18:01

The government must stop these cuts to further education. Education and training are absolutely essential to people's future. Please share this petition and fight to protect our Sixth Form Centre.

2015-10-05 10:10

Travel issues will effect students in Walkden/Little Hulton

2015-10-06 07:00

Local education is important both for the pupils to have a choice & also the local economy benefits.

2015-10-06 15:11

Education is vital to the forthcoming generations and cutting this vital component would be devastating to our generations to come.

2015-10-06 21:19

Young people in this area need all the encouragement that can be given to help them further their education. Local institutions are sometimes the focus of teenagers from poorer backgrounds as transport costs can be a problem. Walkden needs to keep as many amenities and youth projects as possible. Some of these students may be future politicians.!!!

2015-10-06 21:54

Fair and accessible education opportunities, for all.

2015-10-06 21:56

My daughter goes to this College and she has just informed me that her friends that she has just made have to now go to different colleges to access their courses, NOW that isn't fair is it!

2015-10-07 05:24

The Government has rightly raised the compulsory age of education to 18 but where is the local provision for young people when they leave the Walkden High Schools at 16? Will they have to travel to Bolton or Manchester? Surely that education should be available in every child's local area so they have the choice to go to school in Salford, go to College in Salford, go to University in Salford and work in Salford.

2015-10-07 21:41

I have worked for salford City college for 12yrs, and I have always been extremely proud of being part of a successful company, a place where we were once made to feel valued as employees. It was a happy environment, with a great atmosphere both for staff and learners. We, however have worked under uncertainty since before the merger and it is heart breaking to see the cuts we now face. To lose more than half of my team already has massive impact on moral, and it is difficult to remain positive, though we do for the sake of the students. I now feel I am just a monetary figure in this business plan and it hurts.

2015-10-07 21:52

Walkden sixth form centre is a really good college, it's not only close by it's got good resources and the staff are great it would be a real shame if it moved. I don't want it being closed down and people having to move to other salford colleges.
Kate

#11 Re:

2015-10-09 06:25

#7: -  please can you ask your daughter to spread the word about our petition.  Thanks.

2015-10-11 15:59

Education needs to be available locally for all who require it.
Removing courses from this college makes them less accessible to students.