Protect the Elham Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Protect the Elham Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.

2015-04-29 10:30

The Elham Valley is an Area of Outstanding Beauty and this site is completely contrary of the ethos of the area. It would bring all manner of unwelcome people with no thought of husbandry, care and concern for the Valley, with their accompanying litter and transient lifestyle. The site would be a blot on the landscape and it is deeply irresponsible of Shepway District Council to have given their blessing to such a scurrilous development.

2015-04-29 10:30

I live in the Elham valley and do not think this proposed scheme is in any way appropriate for the area. it is obviously NOT a tourist camp site with an 11 month stay, but will almost certainly become a place of almost permanent residence (maybe they'll go on holiday for a month some where nice and sunny!). How this scheme was even considered, never mind approved, is beyond belief

2015-04-29 10:58

The proposed development is inappropriate in/adjacent to an area of outstanding natural beauty, and has potential to create a traffic hazard.

2015-04-29 10:59

FAMILY THERE I GREW UP THERE IT IS A BEAUTIFUL VALLEY AND NEEDS TO BE PROTECTED AND LOVED AND IS ALSO A PIECE OF HISTORY TO BE CARED FOR AND PRESERVED GO AWAY SHEPWAY

2015-04-29 11:04

Completely inappropriate decision and use of land of such natural beauty. This decision diminishes the reputation of Shepway Council, as well as providing a blot on an otherwise outstanding landscape.

2015-04-29 11:53

This is in the area of out standing beauty and is not the place to have a residential caravan site

2015-04-29 11:57

Because the Elham Valley is a site of natural Beauty with its open fields and lovely views over the valley and it needs to be preserved as such!Plus my brother&sister in law live right opposite and It would restrict the lovely views they have over the valley!

2015-04-29 12:51

Disgraceful deformation of an Area of outstanding natural beauty. This area is one of very few left that is unspoilt. What about the wildlife?

2015-04-29 12:54

I have been watching the destruction of this site when driving past. It is hard to believe that the council could grant such a planning in such a beautiful valley. Will fracking be next?

2015-04-29 13:23

It is vital to protect the natural world as it is ever shrinking

2015-04-29 13:46

Because the development of a permanent caravan park at this point in the Elham Valley is unacceptable within the AONB on visual grounds.

2015-04-29 13:53

I think this is a disgrace to the Kent countryside what is more the local council KNOW this is a flood plain and this will in my opinion make things worse what will happen when the river Nail overflows once again the concrete slabs will not let the water drain away

2015-04-29 14:30

Firstly: It is very visible and completely out of place in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Secondly: As Flood Warden of Bishopsbourne, a village downstream of this site. The construction is on a water meadow alongside the Nailbourne, which when flowing is prone to flooding, affecting the villages downstream. There was water covering parts of this site only a few weeks ago. Much work has been carried out over recent years by the local authority and the Environment Agency to reduce the effects of flooding and safeguard property. Therefore water meadows/flood plains should not be built upon.

2015-04-29 15:07

Because the proposal for a site for so many caravans so close together in this area of outstanding natural beauty is totally unacceptable. It will also be dangerous on such a fast road and it will readily floods.

2015-04-29 15:28

This is yet more urbanisation of the valley
fight this park

2015-04-29 16:34

Looks like a permanent residential trailer park rather than a few caravans and tents dotted about. Gotta fight this one folks

2015-04-29 16:56

I have looked ar the site and the pitches are clearly too close together.What touring caravan campsite owner could possibly believe that this spacing is right? Also the site floods almost every year for a considerable time. How could Shepway D.C. consider this a suitable site?
It clearly would not seem right to anyone who knows the site or has been out to check the work.

2015-04-29 17:55

The whole of Elham valley from Bridge through to Lyminge is completely unspoilt with attractive villages spread along it. The valley and surrounding hills provide a haven of tranquillity and beauty. To allow a 45 pitch campsite to be open 11 months of the year is 'creating a monstrous carbuncle on the face of a much-loved friend'. It is totally out of place in this area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.

2015-04-29 18:10

Inappropriate for the area, of outstanding natural beauty!!

2015-04-29 18:19

Because my children are at school in Elham and my family live there- we don't want this beautiful countryside spoiled.

2015-04-29 18:26

My best friend and family live nearby, and I am a regular visitor to the area. It would be completely out of character for this to go ahead.

2015-04-29 18:59

We the caring people need to look after the Countryside because Shepway District Council do not appear to value anything judging by the decisions they make.

2015-04-29 19:38

Why would we allow for this to happen in an "area of outstanding natural beauty?!" Absolutely ludicrous.

2015-04-29 19:41

This is a totally inappropriate development of this site and with the amount of ground work and infrastructure being put in place it is obviously going to be more than just a caravan site for holiday makers.

2015-04-29 20:14

This has been allowed in an AONB. The site is on a flood plane .It used have an occasional tent put up on the grass in years gone by but has never had any permanent structures on it . The Nailbourne close by is sometimes contaminated with sewage too, during times of heavy rainful. The current owner allowed a toilet block bearing graffiti ,to be on public view for months. This is the respect and care he shows for the landscape and those of us who live here.Why has it been allowed?