Protect the Elham Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Protect the Elham Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.

2015-04-29 20:16

A caravan site in such a promote position in this beautiful valley is completely out of place.

2015-04-29 20:28

This is an outstandingly beautiful area which has not been taken into consideration. When living in Kent I treasured this area & still do. This site must not be allowed!!!

2015-04-29 20:54

Yet another example of the crass idiocy among the decision makers within Shepway District Council. They are so consistent in their stupidity one can't help wondering if some of their Palm (Trees) aren't being greased! This site also gets regularly flooded so the caravans better be watertight!

2015-04-29 21:14

Shepway District Council have done their best to ruin Folkestone, don't let them ruin the Elham Valley as well. What a shame the Canterbury City Council boundary doesn't end slightly further south!
Paula

2015-04-29 21:14

I live in the Elham valley Why should my village be made ugly shepway would not let me build a garage in my garden so why do they let these people build an housing estate ???????????????? is it money ????  Just asking !!!!!

2015-04-29 22:46

I cannot stand by and watch a beautiful part of the county be destroyed. Shame!
Local resident

2015-04-30 00:50

Have seen the development of this site when driving past and horrified by what a mess it looks. Completely out of keeping with the adjacent area and highLy visible. Not suitable at all. 

2015-04-30 02:49

I cannot see any application for the change of use recently on Shepway Council's planning portal ? There is an of application from a few years back - that is withdrawn. Has planning permission for a travellers park actually been granted ?

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-04-30 03:45

2015-04-30 04:48

My family have lived in Peene since the Channel Tunnel was built. My brother Norman Hall was instrumental in building to Elham Valley Line Museum and to keeping the village in the beautiful condition it is now in. Peene is an area of natural beauty that has been built by the dedication and pride of the people who live there.

2015-04-30 04:50

My family have lived in Peene since the Channel Tunnel was built. My brother Norman Hall was instrumental in building to Elham Valley Line Museum and to keeping the village in the beautiful condition it is now in. Peene is an area of natural beauty that has been built by the dedication and pride of the people who live there.

2015-04-30 05:59

It is an outrage that such a blot on the landscape should be permitted in the heart of the Elham Valley, making a mockery of its status as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.

#63 Re:

2015-04-30 07:16

#58: -  

Permission for a travellers park has not been granted. What has been agreed is "continued use of a touring and camping park" you can see the owner has taken this and abused it. We all know what the use was - minimal with a few campers and motorhomes - not 45 caravans for 11 months of the year !!

2015-04-30 07:37

Because long standing friends live right on top of this site and they are devastated.

2015-04-30 07:37

Because this planning decision has serious implications for the environment and quality of life for those living in the Elham valley and also potential threats to the local ecosystem

2015-04-30 07:43

There was a story on BBC South East this morning about 11 people occupying a post office in Whtstable to protest at its closure. We have 300 signatures - the media would be interested in this story and the clear failure of SDC to protect this AONB area - we should get them involved. Has this been posted to Radio Kent's Facebook page? Also - next week's election includes the election of Councillors to SDC - we should be voting against any SDC incumbent who has been complicit in this farce. They need to be acting in OUR interests - not those who seek the ruination of our countryside and have no respect or care for the rural community.

2015-04-30 07:45

Because planning laws are being flouted and Council officials have obviously not been doing their jobs correctly. The owner of the site is ignoring building regulations.The work on the site is going to lead to an environmental disaster if not terminated

2015-04-30 07:51

This is not the place for a permanent (11 months of the year) campsite, this encourages travelers ! to have an almost permanent place of residents for them and unfortunately this does not apply to all of there community but the majority, don't have rural beauty,respect for the environment and respect for others very high in there priority's.
the councils and the police already don't seem to be able to control and enforce the campsites already around the area so i can't imagine this will be any different once their settled. 

2015-04-30 08:15

The owner of the site is purposely ignoring planning regulations assisted by Council Officials who are either incompetent or not doing their job correctly. There appears to be no building enforcement officer ensuring that work already undertaken illegally is not being stopped. If this site is allowed to be built a major environmental blight will happen to the Elham Valley.

2015-04-30 08:40

Because the Valley needs to be protected from inappropriate development like this

2015-04-30 08:44

This will destroy an area of natural beauty. The villages of Elham and Barham already struggle with traffic and caravan's are not suitable and will provide an additional hazard for the school children and many cyclists.
From experience with similar caravan parks it will also increase litter and noise. The litter, mainly plastics will cause additional hazards to wildlife.
We were not adequately consulted on this.

2015-04-30 09:17

Because I live in Elham and I do it want this beautiful area destroyed by such an eyesore. I am astonished at how this managed to get through planning when my next door neighbours small kitchen extension was disallowed.

2015-04-30 09:42

I want to find more camping sites & less caravan sites locally!

2015-04-30 10:04

To question SDFC about their actions which seem to have been taken in secret. To protect the Elham Valley. To ensure the actions of people living on this site to not spoil the land and surrounding area. To ensuer this does not become a traveller site by the back door.

2015-04-30 11:37

This development will change and spoil the look and nature of this part of the beautiful rural Elham Valley.