Road improvements for Fodderdyke Bank & Hobhole Bank.

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Road improvements for Fodderdyke Bank & Hobhole Bank..

2014-10-09 12:47

My husbands family lost 2 family members on foderdyke bank just up from village hall hope something gets done soon

2014-10-09 12:58

Let's stop these roads taking anymore life's

2014-10-09 14:57

These local roads have been neglected for far too long, the weight of farm traffic has increased vastly but road maintenance is restricted to filling the odd pothole and patching, our children travel these roads to get to school yet not even all the school routes are treated in the winter, all we keep hearing is 'no money' what has happened to the money given by the EU to Lincolnshire for its roads?

2014-10-09 16:43

We need this now....before the bad weather comes

2014-10-09 17:07

I live on the Stickney end of Fodderdyke Bank, The lorries, cars and even motorbikes absolutely fly past my house..The road has so many potholes and dips in it, no wonder there are so many accidents ...

2014-10-09 17:51

our family have lived in this village of Midville/New Leake for 60 years. there has been 9 accidents that i am aware of within the last 10 months with 3 deaths. within the last 3 weeks there has been 3 Accidents with 1 death.in the same place a really bad dip/bump on the Fodder Dyke Bank. Our roads are like been on a roller coaster, very very bumpy and in really really poor state (repair) Cars are getting a lot of damage (Suspension, wheels,tyres.and sumps to them. A big danger to motor cyclist. even i have been out on my bike hit a pot hole and fell of. We would really like to get these roads repaired and made safe. WE DO NOT want any more accidents and NOT any more deaths on our roads. all this as happened and it is not winter yet bad weather to come? PLEASE lets get something done A S P A

2014-10-09 18:30

Please lets get something done about these dangerous roads there as been several Accidents within the last year. with the loss of 3 life's. 3 Accidents within the last 3 weeks with the loss of i life. The School Buses even double decker's use These roads The Hobhole Bank and The Fodderdyke Bank. and in the winter the roads are not even salted. Please Please lets get get something done to these pot hole/bumpy roads they are really Dangerous Cars,lorrys,and tractors drive down the middle of the road to try and get a bit better road. I have never seen so many pot holes and bumps down one strech of road Lets stop no more Accidents No more loss of life's.
vicky

2014-10-09 19:57

xh me and mum saw n accident waiting to happen involving the dangerous dip on fodderdyke bank, where the dip was filled with rain water,  watching from my mums house we saw a lorry go through the water in the dip as another car was coming the other way at the same time, the lorry coverd the car completely with the water causeing then the van behind to break sharp, could of easy been an accident then. Also i noticed on the east side of hobhole bank, that going north the sigb says max speed 40 where as going south it says max speed 30, how can u go faster one way on the same bit if road, you cant even do 30!!  Something seriously needs doing about these roads before anybody else does get hurt/killed!!! 

2014-10-09 20:07

This needs sorting people pay the taxes the same as everyone else and most with out street lights or anything else . Speed can not be blamed for all of these accidents . Shame the ukip mp is not doing anything about it .
Sarah Keal

2014-10-09 21:07

The roads in this area have become more and more dangerous as the years have passed. People have lost their lives and some of us have witnessed these losses.

I have to warn my guests of the road condition before they drive here.

Surely it is worth repairing the roads now before more lives are lost.

The poor road surface is very dangerous on a dry clear day, add in heavy rain/ice/snow and the road surface is lethal.

2014-10-10 08:56

Their has been too many young deaths on the roads over the last few week that could have been avoided!!

2014-10-10 10:52

Please sign, both stretch of roads ARE AWFUL. The roads from beginning to end need resurfacing and making safe. Lincolnshire County Council take note!

2014-10-10 10:59

This road is a nightmare, we dont use it at all, its safer to go a different route, why anyone except those who use it because they live there is beyond me, why kids use it late at night is bordering on stupidity, that said its a dangerous road and it needs sorting out, not just resurfacing but a complete skimming off and relevelling, NOW before anyone else gets hurt or killed!

2014-10-10 11:00

Drastic changes are needed! Action must be taken to prevent any more deaths.
liz

#15 #15

2014-10-10 12:22

I am signing this petition as I am Josh's mum he lost his life on this road on the 14th September. 

The state of these roads have always been really bad and the council do nothing to ensure they are

Fit for safety.. The loss of my son is just the worst thing any family should have to endure, my son was a loving hard working lad, and was on his way to work that Sunday morning.. 

Please let this petition count and save another family from our pain and heartache... believe me if I had the money I would signal handedly repair to save anyone this pain.. 

2014-10-10 12:51

to many young lives getting taken and the roads are bad

#17 Re: #15

2014-10-10 13:00

#15: liz - #15 

Dear Josh's mum.  Thank you so very much. Please contact me via Facebook (Sharon Horry) 

2014-10-10 13:59

Something MUST be done and very soon.
Christine

#19 Re: #15

2014-10-10 15:56

#15: liz - #15 

Dear Joshes Mum so sorry for your loss. We have had 3 accidents with in about 3/4 weeks Joshes being one of them I have been working on this issue since then I am pleased to say people are taking notice and beginning to come forward and helping. Local press local radio, district Councillor and highways have all being informed.    Yes something as got to be sorted and quick. The roads are of very poor repair and really really dangerous. Bless you and thank you Josh's Mum 

2014-10-10 16:39

I use the spilsby road linking toynton all saints and eastville which is where I work and the road is awful! I can't use the road from eastville to stickney as my car bottoms out and catches the underside all the way down that road. This needs sorting!

2014-10-10 16:42

I have damage to my truck and a puncture from this road - sent letter and invoices to the council and Highways and the reply I received was and I quote 'the majority of claims bought against lcc are successfully defended' 

Absolutely useless

2014-10-10 16:42

i have to take a horse trailer down that road several times a year and its making my life and the life of my mini horses extreemly stressful. 15 - 20 mph if you're lucky. this road has been like this for years, getting worse each year. i've been here 20yrs and in that time all that has happened is the odd patch up which leaves the majority of the rest liable to throw ones motor and/or trailer in the drain. please do something before more people die.
shewolfyw

#23 Disgraceful - such neglected roads

2014-10-10 16:44

The road tax people pay and many other taxes is supposed to go towards repairing the roads. Each council has a duty of care to keep the roads repaired and safe to drive on. This road is so uneven and unsafe that the slightest bump or stone in the road will cause steering issues and in bad weather this will be fatal.  Too many people have lost their lives on this road! It needs completely resurfacing and levelling.

2014-10-10 17:47

That road is awful

2014-10-11 00:48

This potition is realy for a good cause as if this does get our roads repaired we could be saving lives from the inevitable accident to come down these roads..... Thanks to the others who are sighing this potition hopefully we can make a change MANY THANKS ASH