STOP PAN002 and PAN001

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition STOP PAN002 and PAN001.

2014-08-05 16:33

we are losing green spaces

2014-08-07 10:14

I have lived in the sulham area for 40 yrs. and I would hate my grandchildren and their children to miss a lovely old woods, and surrounding fields. you hear Skylarks all year round. we have deer. red and Munjacks, badgers. Foxes, and a host of wild birds including our hunter birds. special butterfly's plus the traffic would be horrendous, what about the chalk hills that holds our water table. that would be destroyed. I am sure the builders think its a good idea, to give people their own homes, but unfortunitly we don't think of our wildlife. plus our children will only see a sea of houses. and never learn the country ways.

2014-08-15 18:37

The roads cannot support more traffic in this area.
Reality

2014-09-07 19:45

As population rises housing supply must increase. With the lack of readily available brownfield sights, local governments are having to relax regulations that protect green spaces. It's a shame that this particular area has been recognised as a viable site to develop, however we have to face the fact that rural spaces edging towns such as Pangbourne will be swallowed by suburn communties. Instead of opposing such developments, we as a community should work together with developers to adapt designs and volumes that meet our economical, environmental and socially sustainable requirements.

2014-09-11 11:18

This development is inappropriate for the area as it overstretched the existing infrastructure, would exacerbate existing traffic problems and cause risk to peoples safety in the area. It is not sustainable development