Save Dog Shows and Docked Breeds In Northern Ireland

Quoted post

Carol Boyd

#6 Don't ban tail docking

2011-01-11 22:09

Tail docking is NOT PAINFUL if properly done by an experienced person and is done both to honour the breed standards of traditionally docked breeds and to prevent tail damage in later life. Most puppies are docked in the same way as lambs and piglets by the application of an elastic band and the puppy goes straight back to feeding from its mother. We love our dogs and would not dream of doing anything harmful to them. Dedicated breeders who maintain and improve the breeds they love do not deserve to be penalised. Not one dog club was consulted when this bill was proposed. The ban on tail docking in England, Scotland and Wales has been disastrous for the breeds affected, with numbers falling to an all time low, and puppy buyers travelling to Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland to buy docked puppies. All we want is the right to continue a practice which has been carried out since Man first started to create dog breeds.

Replies

#15 Re: Don't ban tail docking

2011-01-12 03:13:26

#6: Carol Boyd - Don't ban tail docking 

i think they should leve it up to the breeders what to do with their dogs i have 2 rotties with docked tails i would never have one with a tail not right i will go to ireland for a dock dog thanks f brockett