Justice 4 Deafblind Guidedog Owner Molly Watt - age 17

Quoted post

former student

#176 Re: Re: Re:

2011-12-14 02:34

#173: - Re: Re:  

usher syndrome is restricted vision, you can see ahead, some people wears glasses, cannot see in the dark. I have got friends with usher syndrome and none of them have guide dogs or walking cane. I would never tell your wife to stop dancing. I was trying to point out that her dog does not help with sewing or dancing hence she's independence in those areas but she can't be independence eating her meal with group of friends?! eating is not as hazard as sewing or dancing. by the way, those who insulted about my writing, it is nothing to do with this petition, so don't start insulting me because of my writing skills. thank you very much. I've got BSc(Hons) and currently doing MA. I am allowed to casualise my writing skills in informal areas!!!!!!!

Replies

Disgusted - and an ex pupil too!

#179 Re: Re: Re: Re:

2011-12-14 09:39:50

#176: former student - Re: Re: Re:  

With so much experience of Usher, you'll know that the condition can vary. What if Molly's vision is worse than yours? If you don't want to be insulted, then don't make insults! I was referring to you swearing, not your language skills! One of the things they teach you at school is if you insult people, or use profanity to get your point across, you isolate yourself and lose the argument. Surely it's Molly's choice to have a dog? It's none of our business how she copes with school subjects. It's my understanding she uses the dog for mobility reasons. It's her choice if she wants to use a cane or assistant. You shouldn't take these options away - how would you feel?

#180 Re: Re: Re: Re:

2011-12-14 09:49:34

#176: former student - Re: Re: Re:  

you must research usher syndrome & get your facts right, Molly is registered blind, there are younger ushers than Molly that are blind too, Guidedogs are not given to people cos they look pretty - this is a typical ignorant comment and from a deaf person too, how sad. You should be ashamed of your own ignorance.