Save Ewell Playing Fields

Quoted post

2014-04-09 19:22

There will still be playing fields available under the planning permission plus an all weather pitch and new pavilion. Please before making assumptions read the planning consent. The "builders" are in fact a local charity providing affordable housing for the elderly.

Replies

#29 Re:

2014-04-10 10:13:32

#24: -

Any residential building on playing fields, whether by a charity or any other builder, should not be allowed. This unacceptable proposal would reduce football/rugby pitches from the current 4 Adult and one Junior pitch to just one shared (and undersized) football/rugby pitch. The proposed all-weather pitch is for a minority sport (hockey) and is not suitable for adult football.

#194 Re:

2014-04-29 23:41:14

#24: -

Having spent the time reading the full application ,  I totally agree with this comment.    The new ( improved) facilities will offer more facilities for more sports than the  current site offers , in conjunction with an After Care facility.     Cricket, hockey, football, mini-soccer/junior football, are all planned with an All Weather Pitch (AWP) and a natural turf pitch for football, rugby and lacrosse.    The development of the site offers a huge opportunity to expand sports within the borough, with the minimum of impact on the neighbouring residents.

Just as  in business it seems to be a natural response to fight against change, whatever it is.   If the development goes ahead (which I sincerely hope it does) I would bet that two years after completion everyone now against it would change their minds !