Redditch United Refused Relocation

Quoted post

RGA 09-13

#50 HAS TO HAPPEN!!

2013-11-07 19:18

This must happen, Simple! Redditch is a footballing town with so much footballing talent. This will be beneficial for the wider community, including the Redditch United Link Up with New College and Local Schools. I am an Organiser of the 'Redditch Gaza Appeal 6 A Side Football Tournament' which has been established for over 5 years now, and I can not tell you how much the Asian Community of Redditch would love for Redditch United to be able to progress both on and off the pitch, and for that to happen, these plans must go ahead. I really hope the council see the long term benefits of such a great project, and really and truly listen to the People of Redditch. The Current Redditch Utd site is in a poor state lets be upfront about that, and a 3g Turf in Redditch is a must too! The other local astroturfs are poor in all honesty, and the studley 3g is very expensive in my opinion. I believe I can speak on behalf of the Redditch Asian Community, and say this idea is great. RUFC have also been excellent with accommodating more asian players we feel over recent years, and this is largely thanks to Justin Fowkes and others in the set-up. The club has over the last few years really got more involved with the community, and they deserve this, if I was a Millionaire I would back this project financially! Chris Swann has done a great job I think, and I think it's about time the council looked at that and how he practically saved the club, and thought about the positive effects of such a project 20 to 30 years down the line. This will prove to be an excellent Return on Investment, the council are naive not to capatalise on this at a time when RUFC Juniors set up is doing so well, the world cup coming up, Womens football seriously growing worldwide and the FA and wider footballing organisations realising to develop world class players you need to look at grassroots football. The opportunities are endless going forward for this kind of project, it could develop into something more than just a Sports Complex, it could develop into a respected academy, this will in turn mean more investment from external sources etc... It will also bring in more money through more people using the facility and it will be able to support other community projects too, and possibly even bring jobs to Redditch too. I personally would love to see this project happen more centrally to Redditch, but if Washford is the only location which can support such great ambitions from Chris Swann and RUFC, then that is perfectly fine by me too.

Replies

Sallie Swan

#51 Re: HAS TO HAPPEN!!

2013-11-08 13:19:56

#50: RGA 09-13 - HAS TO HAPPEN!!

This is a great comment.  Many thanks for your support.  It would be great if we could meet up and have a chat at the Club at your convenience.