save_new_wheel

in support

/ #53 Progression

2012-03-22 10:55

I have lived in Wrenthorpe all my life. I remember there being two green grocers, a butchers,. coblers and other shops. What happened to these, well the Londis expanded, other supermarkets opened up and they had to close! Now Wrenthorpe is a village with 5 pubs in a struggling climate and an ageing population. It makes sense to close two pubs and open an indian restaurant in one (the bay horse). The other being the wheel, well this has been quiet for along time and we live in a profit led world. The tesco in my mid would be ideal, good quality veg, fresh meat and a shop i can get what i forget on my big shop. Yes it may mean londis closes- well there prices are over the top and the way they speak to the children is appaling. The post office may also close (at least the newsagent part!), however they still do a good service in paper delivery.
For those queiring the parking, you forget the village hall car park too. Yes a lorry would cause issues but tesco staff know when delivery times are due and all they have to do is close half the whell car park and allow the lorry to reverse, problem solved. No doubt the council will paint doulbe yellow lines for the people who object and this should solve the problem. Let progress happen, if it doesnt work and tesco dont make money, they wont hang around