Save portlaoise A&E services now following the Leaked Report of the Midlands. Hospital group management .

/ #208

2015-06-19 21:23

I attended the meeting in Portlaoise In the heritage hotel tonight
I brought my two kids with me
The public got to say there views on the hospital
I really wanted too but didn't have the courage to stand up in front of everyone
Public were brilliant speaking out the truth !! 
I had to leave early as had a very tired 3 year old but I wanted to attend with my kids because I need this hospital especially for my kids and for myself and for my family .. 
My 3 year old girl has cystic fibrosis and without this hospital as she gets older , her condition will get worse and to get to Tallaght in time ,, there will be no time ,, my baby be gone ..
If people are not aware wat CF is it's got to do with ur main organs and mainly ur lungs
If a Cf patient gets a really bad chest infection , cold , any infection ,, they get it a lot worse than any of us !
Lungs are ur life , to keep u alive .. Numerous times I had to rush up too Portlaoise hospital during the night to get them to check her oxygen levels and her spiked temperature
Oxygen levels dropped she would need Ivs straight away 
It's a scary frightening condition and its 24 hour care at home and in hospitals 
To have a hospital 5 mins beside me open day and night is very important !!!!! 
So please everyone fight for our A+E services to stay the way they are
And get the staff and management we need in the areas that need to be improved in there services ... 
Thanks

louise