Keep the Crown Inn, Old Dalby as a public house

/ #20 To keep it you have to support it!

2014-09-15 10:38

The pub is an important part of the village. 

I have missed the Crown since it's been closed, I was regular.  Not every day but usually a couple of times a week in the bar plus occassional meals (including my company's Christmas meal).

The pub should be reopened rather than being turned into houses, PROVIDED IT IS VIABLE as a business!

Unfortuanately for Mike and Phil the pub was just starting to get established again and was building up a reputation again when, I guess, they ran out of cash.  If the pub is to open again it has to be with the right "hooks" to intice customers in (good food, great beer and social events) PLUS the local community has to suppert it by regularly frequenting it and spending their cash there. 

The new licencee(s) will have to be hot on their marketing to get the footfall as one of the biggest drawbacks of the pub is that it is off the beaten track.  As it is not on the main road through the village prospective customers have be remined it exists and have a reason or need to call in.

I fear that if it opens its doors again as a pub it will be its last chance.  If it fails again I would think that houses on the site are inevitable.

So, thank you all those that have signed the petition in favour of keeping the pub.  One request, if it does reopen USE IT OR LOSE IT - next time for good.

Here's to raising a pint in the bar to our success!

Cheers!