Swanscombe Street Lighting

/ #20

2014-03-17 22:27

How DARE Swanscombe and Greenhithe town council decide upon this latest "scheme" without informing it's residents, most of whom are hard-working tax payers!! A notice on their website is NOT deemed to be sufficient notification! Who on Earth is really going to randomly go looking for something on their website, when they have no idea about it's existence in the first place? I don't often go onto the Swanscombe and Greenhithe town council website...once in a very blue moon! Why should I? I EXPECT to be informed, via a notice through the door, posters in local shop windows, notices on soon-to-be-redundant lamposts (might as well make use of them while they still can!)...the usual, visual ways of informing residents about important local plans/changes/etc!! If nothing else, it's decent and respectful...or don't we deserve decent and respectful? This absolutely stinks of an underhand tactic that they hoped would have gone unnoticed by us residents...second-hand citizens yet again! HAD it gone unnoticed, they'd have gone ahead and done it anyway!

When the police knocked on my door a couple of years ago (they were going door-to-door asking local residents what they thought would help to keep crime down in Swanscombe), I distinctly remember saying that the current street lighting situation was completely insufficient, that Swanscombe was VERY dark at night, thus giving "unsavoury characters" more opportunity to commit their crimes!
Now THIS proposal??? You've got to joking me?!!! Absolutely asking for trouble!!