Save Bexhill Green

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Bexhill Green.

2014-03-27 11:13

Save t'green!

2014-04-02 19:05

Stop this relentless march of property developers. They are not just redeveloping sites that were previously built on but are destroying green areas, farmland and countryside.

2014-04-04 11:21

The open space that is currently Gullivers Bowling Club was given to the town and must never be sold but should be available for all who live in the vicinity to enjoy.

2014-04-04 12:59

This is a valuable piece of local history and once built upon will be lost forever. There are very many empty flats and properties around here - some in Churchills other block in Bexhill! - we do not need more retirement flats - we do need more affordable family housing but not on valuable green space in the centre of town.

2014-04-04 13:49

I cannot see how this can be approved given the problems a low number of parking spaces would cause to already congested on-street parking.
I know the site well. I wish to object strongly to the development in this location especially when there is vacant land in sea road better placed for access to the railway and to shops.

2014-04-04 22:39

Yet again, the beautiful and historical bowling green is threatened by avaricious property developers who want to grab their profit and run, leaving the town with a hideous block of flats plus all the unsightly and problematic infrastructure local people will have to endure.
mouseman

#7 bexhill green

2014-04-07 09:05

Why should a developement of housing be allowed on this green site, when there is a more suitable site needing developement in Sea Road which is close to the railway,bus stops and the shops. a very much more suitable site.

2014-04-07 20:45

It would be utter madness for the Council to pass any sort of development on this breathing space of green land. Especially so when there is ample opportunity to build on the new Link Road developments.

This post has been removed by the site administrator (Show details)

2014-04-07 21:15

This post has been removed by the site administrator (Show details)

2014-04-07 21:37

2014-04-08 07:37

Isn't there enough building and demolition going on as it is in Sidley. Soon there won't be any green land left because people want to build all the time. !!!

2014-04-08 09:05

This development runs against local democracy and local needs. Only cursory notice has been taken of the impact on local people, on parking and on the possibility of flooding.

#13 : A sin!

2014-04-08 15:15

#8: -

We have had this green for as long as can be remembered. The council has allowed so many buildings that the whole of Bexhill  has changed out of recgognition. I'm all for change, if it a change for good. Selling of a great piece of land, that could be used by the whole community. I would like to see a developer buy the green and build a new sports facility, (with proper access to the building, for disabled people). there is enough ground to incorprate a large ammount, and variety of sports both for able bodied and disabled. I could go on.