FairfaxVarsityBoy'sCoachNeedsToGo/FiringButton

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition FairfaxVarsityBoy'sCoachNeedsToGo/FiringButton.

2014-02-09 07:54

Dissapointed in parents now a days. I graduated a few years ago from BFA and I never saw eye to eye with Glen but it does not mean he is a bad coach. These moms need to get out and get a job to fill up their free time, not put negative energy on a team that could win a state title. What an awfully inmature and uneducated way to go about something like this.
~Nick

2014-02-11 01:17

As someone who knows Coach Button not only as a basketball coach, but a best friend for over 30 years, I know better than most what kind of person and coach Glen Button is. I have been around coach Button since the 1st day he stepped foot in that BFA gym. I actually helped coach Button as a assistant coach his first 6 years at BFA and since then I have been to a lot of BFA games each year. Again I know better than most what this Basketball program has meant to him during his time at BFA and I can honestly say he loves this school and all the student athletes he has coached over the years. He is dedicated and has been a huge influence on a lot of the players that have played in coach Buttons program at BFA Fairfax. Getting rid of coach Button would be the biggest mistake that the Fairfax basketball program could make.(trust me someone that REALLY knows)!

2014-02-11 23:37

Well when various kids get bitched out after every sporting event for possibly saying something that might make somebody feel bad but our payed adults aren't being held to the same standards as our children, yes folks children, I would say there is a problem from the top all the way down to the ad herself. I would say we're paying adults to bully our kids instead of coach and lead them. When kids who love the game of basketball would rather sit the bench then play for a coach, you know there's something wrong. Kids play better for coaches that are positive and that they look up to.

#29 Re:

2014-02-13 23:50

#28: Guest -

Spot on’  he may be a good coach but he's also a bully,  no one is saying he doesn’t know basketball, but when the kids come to us as parents and say they don’t want to play for him and they are afraid to make a mistake in fear of retribution or worse told to sit down on the bench it’s time to step in and correct the issue.

We all know the school isn’t, the AD needs to step up and take charge.  That’s what she paid to do!   Us as parents talk about bully’s and the effect it has on kids, yet we let it happen right in front of us.. I just don’t get it????  At this time in their lives they need a role model not a bully.

It’s too late in the season to do anything, and he’s knows he’s under a microscope, so he’s on his best behavior, I don’t see that lasting long, we need to ensure he doesn’t return next year..

enough already !!!!!

2014-02-14 01:51

When are parents going to realize that you cant rub your kids back there whole life.... At some point they are going to have to grow up and understand that this is real life.... They are going to have to deal with far worse than what any coach is going to say or do in high school. When they go to college or go into the work force it is going to be far worse, and by the sound of the parents on this board, believe it or not you are not going to be able to go to college with them or to there job and fire there professor or supervisor when something does not go there way or even worse YOUR WAY !!!

2014-02-14 14:32

the football coach is tough on his kids too, are you going to try to get rid of him ?

2014-02-15 16:27

The best thing about this petition is that it provides a forum to talk about school. I believe that is a positive. To those who want people to sign there names I say this. The administration loves nothing more than exacting retribution on those who speak up. Maybe the coaches bullying is seen as a positive by those in charge. It's not like this is the only bullying going on in the school and supervisory union. Just ask some of the teachers who don't work at BFA anymore or the former athletic director ho was mysteriously replaced by the current AD.

#33 Re:

2014-02-18 02:30

#3: -

you know nothing. do you even listen to yourself? i guarentee you your stupid kid uses way worse language than  that. i guarentee YOU use way worse language than that. maybe we should start a petition against you as a parent and citizen

Dustin Santy

#34 Whiners

2014-02-27 21:40

If you think Button is a bad coach or somebody who harasses players you should have a chat with my father. His high school coach would grab them and do much much worse than Button would even consider. And guess what they didn't even lose double digit games in the four years he was there. Apparently you are all too sheltered in this new era of pussies. Let's be real here. Buttons record at Fairfax is very very good. He may not have any championships but he's come very close. I know the players on those teams would stand behind him. I chose not to play junior and senior year for personal reasons and Button was the only reason I even considered it. If you're going to bad mouth somebody at least grow up and put your name on it so we can laugh at you.

2014-03-02 16:18

The Seth Rebeor years were the most talented Fairfax teams. They came close but because no body else was coached up, Seth had no help. Before that, it was John Paul Marriot. Again, no one else to help. The last two years the bulletts had loads of talent only to lose in the semis and yesterday before they even got to Barre. Good coach or not-he hasn't got it done. His methods don't work. Its time to find someone else who can get the job done.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-03-10 21:20