Fir Tree School Site, Opposition to Planning Applic DC14/56717

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Fir Tree School Site, Opposition to Planning Applic DC14/56717.

Darryl Magher
The author of this petition

#1 Supporting notes

2014-01-29 12:58

Leisure facilities in Sandwell are inadequate.
The borough faces an obesity crisis.
There is a high proportion of inactive adults.
Yew Tree School has a current intake of 550 and forecasts of current area population shows an increase in birthrates.
No current out of school physical activity amenities.
Yew Tree has seen all of its teams disband or move off the area, no local team identity.
Coaches are available on the estate and are keen to develop teams, just need a pitch.
Executive Officer has been quoted as saying that there is a need to invest to save in the future.
Having facilities to improve health and activity will show cost savings to services as well as improving well being in the area.
The Fir Tree School site is a perfect opportunity to aid further integration of Yew Tree & Tame Bridge.
Similar projects have taken place namely housing site on Churchfields.
Saving the site keeps some of our heritage intact.
Development opportunities for the build of two bedroomed bungalows is an option which could be done without any further increase of the current population of school age children.
Where is the investment in the North of the Sandwell Borough.
Health Costs of Sporting Inactivity
Sandwell £ 2,035,034 per 100,000 of population compares to:
West Midlands £ 1,840,933
England £ 1,898,293
Child and Adult Obesity in Sandwell
Sandwell Adult 29.1% Children 12.9% compares to:
West Midlands 26.4% and 10.1%
England 24.2% and 9.6%

“Participating in sport can improve the quality of life of individuals and communities, promote social inclusion, improve health, counter anti-social behaviour, raise individual self esteem and confidence and widen horizons”
See
Sandwell Strategy for Physical Activity, Physical Education and Sport 2009 – 2014.
Sandwell Child and Family Obesity Strategy 2009 – 2014
Sandwell Sports & Physical Places Strategy 2010 – 2020
The Yew Tree and Tame Bridge.com have support from the Albion Foundation, Sandwell Sports Partnership to develop teams and activities.

2014-01-29 13:57

No more houses please

2014-01-29 15:36

the yew tree have had a increase in anti social activity since new builds on the former yew tree social club site which was aposed by a petition of over 800 names now more proposals for similar properties! the yew tree is suffering in all ways as a result of not suitable vetting tenants both council and association why spoil a lovely estate!

2014-01-29 15:37

The Yew Tree needs help, it needs community bonding and more resources. More houses will cripple an already oversubscribed school and make living there an even more miserable experience than it already is.

2014-01-29 18:06

Why do we need more housing on the yew tree,crime has increased with the last few building projects, fir tree school has gone and primary school places are scarce tell me who on earth does the maths!!!!!.get a grip planners and take your project somewhere else.

2014-01-30 06:59

Not enough room in yew tree school for any more children as already full with 75 kids per year the children will suffer with there learning. Also npt enough green play land available.

2014-01-30 07:44

No more development of land overcrowding the estate please.

2014-01-30 12:50

Yew Tree Estate is over populated as it is. There has also been a large increase in anti social behaviour due to new houses having been built on the old social club site.

2014-01-30 14:32

I have lived on this estate for 60 years. As a child there were 2 schools, we had a choice of 5 doctor surgeries and three rows of shops and all the flats had parks allocated. Now there are two estates, one school, 1 doctor's surgery a few miserable looking shops, and one park. What is becoming of this once beautiful estate. The powers that be should get their act together - come and look at what a state it's in. We just cannot sustain another influx of residents. Where will the children be schooled? Where will people be treated - it's near impossible to get a doctor's appointment now - where will the children play? Please - THINK AGAIN - have some consideration for present residents.
lumby

2014-02-01 18:04

I think theres not much out there for kids as it is, without taking this off them aswel.

2014-02-03 08:35

I see loads of parks snd skatepark round the aera having a make over. I think the kids need somewhere to go and think it woild be an excellent Idea to have a big ass skatepark built. Exercise,and a place for the youth to hang out as opposed to walking the streets.
David Fisher

2014-02-03 13:07

The estate don't need any more faimly homes, below are a few key points

Over subscribed schools
Lack of 1 & 2 bedroom properties on the estate
Healthy living centre waiting times are already a joke
Increased ASBO
Loss of football pitch
Loss of millennium wood
Increased traffic

Please take note!

2014-02-03 17:47

I want something for my kids to be able to go rather then hang around and make problems for themselves and others. There is nothing for kids in yew tree and tamebridge to do. It would be nice to have a sporys centre as my kids are into football but no where for them to go to.

2014-02-03 20:46

Thought the trees had a 99 year protection order on them when they were planted.