Illegalise companies who charge for free government services

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Illegalise companies who charge for free government services.

2014-01-20 19:36

this website is also NOT CLEAR on what the initial £50 is for - https://www.drivinglicences.org.uk/Default.aspx

2014-02-28 14:04

I feel angry that I used my mothers card and was charged 90 pounds for something I could of got for 50. I still have not recieved my licence.

2014-03-18 12:31

I was in a rush, I saw DVLA in Google adwords, assumed wrongly that they were legitimate, and I got charged £36 simply for them to send me the official DVLA forms to complete, with another charge of £20 for the pleasure of them sending it!! I am so angry, at myself, and people like this. I may as well driven down the road and thrown the £36 out of the window.

#4 Re: Illegalise companies who charge for free government services

2014-05-09 13:47

#3: -  

I feel exactly the same was in rush needed new documents for work and thought I was on the correct site after a google search and was charged £39 thinking that was my fee and now need to pay another £20 for something I could have done myself that they copied what I had already written online and not done that very well. So angry at myself for being so stupid this company needs to be closed down :(

2014-05-14 13:24

I was scammed for £39 to change my address which I could have got for free from dvla.

2014-05-19 19:22

Disgusting abuse of trust and government should take these scam sites down! I'm £36 out of pocket and I was trying to renew my licence. This scam company wasted my time and stole my money. Ba£%ards

2014-06-27 12:18

I'm currently awaiting my refund from this company. I have waited 25 days which i was told was the max time! There is no reply from any of my emails & office open from 10am-2pm but they do not answer! I cancelled my car theory test with this company as they were charging £59 which i found cheaper for £31.00. Absolutely discusting... how do they get away with this!

2014-07-09 13:40

I used http://www.dvlauk.co.uk/application/index.php website for renewing my driving license and paid £38 online. Then I receive an acknowledgement email in January/2014 including their contact email address of contact@dvlauk.co.uk
I tried to contact them since January 2014 till June 2014 but nothing received. Finally I called DVLA and found out I was robbed.

2014-07-10 08:37

Same happened to me, they offerred a service that is impossible i.e DVLA won't send the license somewhere else besides the address and they say on this site that they will send the license abroad.....no contact from company , and their payment GW Skrill wont' take responsibility. DVLA say its a scam.
Now this site is all of a sudden down...

2014-09-16 13:32

I had the same issue, i paid this company £50 and they never sent the documents to the dvla so i am still without a license and £50 out of pocket! trying to get in touch with this company is virtually impossible and they take 6 months to reply to emails & do not answer their phones!