Save Spateston Nursery

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Spateston Nursery.

2013-09-11 18:49

I am 27 and still remember being 3 years old and playing on the big crocodile out the back. It was a great place 24 years ago and still is today. Generations of the same families all went there so it should be saved.

2013-09-11 21:03

thid is a vital piece of johnstone kids education
amanda1974

2013-09-12 13:07

Im 39 & I went to this nursery...yrs later two of my children went... until I moved out of the area. I loved the crocidile & the kids still talk about the nursery .It is vital in the area & would be a shame to close it down.
Laureen

2013-09-13 14:51

My kids attend this nursery and its a fantastic nursery, its not just the building and inside it, its the garden to which the staff and parents have worked so hard over the years to achieve, the kids learning they do on the outside is amazing, all the green houses, flowers, fruit amd wildlife have played a key roll in the childrens education, i know buildings do get old with wear and tear but with general maintenance of the building maybe this wouldnt be effected, maybe the council should be looking into this more with the voice and help of parents to help keep a fantastic nursery for all our children open!

2013-09-13 15:48

Best nursery in whole of renfrewshire by far and staff is tremendous

2013-09-13 17:40

My two kids went to this nursery and it helped them not only prepare them for school but my son was a bit of a wild child and the nursery calmed him down. My daughter was the opposite she was very quiet and wouldn't interact with other children but again the nursery brought her round. They are now 28 and 26 and brilliant outgoing adults. :-)

2013-09-14 00:23

Save this kindergarten please
Concerned Local Resident

2013-10-11 11:44

Spateston nursery is the only nursery servicing the Spateston, Corseford and surrounding areas and is always almost always at capacity. Where will these kids go and the ones from the new estate that's being built at Fordbank, and the estates that will be build on the land the council is selling on the Beith Road? Johnstone town centre could not cope with the additional traffic in the morning, and the slip road to the carriageway at Morrison's would be even busier than it is currently, adding to the woes of those not only from Johnstone but also the surrounding villages like Bridge of Weir, Brookfield etc. Not to mention the impact on an area that is already deprived of local resources and are set to lose more with the demolition of the Spateston shops. I urge you to take a wider view on this as not only will it affect the children that attend but the local community and could even have a wider impact on Renfrewshire as a whole.