Queen's Hospital Parking Charges

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Queen's Hospital Parking Charges.

In agreement with disabled parking charges

#1 Disabled parking charges

2013-04-15 20:41

Just because you are registered disabled does not mean that you have no money! People who are in receipt of income support whether disabled or not can claim back their parking charges. Having free parking for disabled people is discrimatory against those that are not disabled. The other day I saw a patient who is registered disabled and because he did not want to pay the parking charge he parked on Belvedere rd and walked up the hill to the GHW. Makes you wonder why he has a disabled badge? Not through need !

2013-04-16 08:50

There should be no parking to attend hospital full stop

2013-05-01 09:56

I'll sign anything to fight the dispicable way disabled people are being treated in Hospitals today.

2013-05-10 20:16

The usual excuse that comes out is 'all the money made goes to the benefit of the hospital'.
Well, I'm sorry, I already pay my taxes for that.
At the end of the day, the effect is exactly the same as a tax on disability.

2013-05-23 22:21

I have already complained direct to them, because they removed the dedicated disabled spaces and there was no clear sign stating where they had put them, merely a pay machine, which you had to then guess how long you would be in the hospital for.

#6 Re: Disabled parking charges

2013-05-25 16:46

#1: In agreement with disabled parking charges - Disabled parking charges

i think burton hospital should not charge people who is disabled or visitors or staff should pay just to park there cars i think it is a bad idea

2013-08-05 10:00

Parking at the hospital should be free for a given period of time for everybody. However it's shocking to learn disabled individuals should pay at all. More outrageous still is the parking fee system when you attend the eye clinic next door to the hospital! There you must pay & display when you arrive. Problem! On several occasions the consultants are late,( in one case did not even turn up!) sometimes they come to their appointments very late while the actual check up takes only a few minutes for an hour of waiting. So, how much money do we have to pay upon arrival is anybody's guess.Nobody goes to hospital for pleasure & this method of charging patients and relative is a disgrace. I also believe a firm is paid for that work which adds insult to injury. Thank you for wanting to bring in some decency in the system.