SIGN THE PETITION TO RESTORE PRESIDENTIAL TERM LIMITS IN UGANDA

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition SIGN THE PETITION TO RESTORE PRESIDENTIAL TERM LIMITS IN UGANDA.

maji

#1 Uganda Petition on Restoration of term Limits

2012-09-18 08:44

The biggest challenge Uganda currently has is bad governance characterized by chronic tokenism, endemic corruption and state of apathy. Term limits need to be restored. I stand to be counted as a patriotic Ugandan

2012-09-18 09:07

This needs to be sent to village members as hard copy through our NGO Networks

#3 term limits

2012-09-18 09:51

In order to void all the challenges associated with leaders overstaying in power, lets stand together and call for the restoration of the term limits.
henickson

#4 Re: term limits

2012-09-18 10:01

#3: - term limits 

As we celebrate 50 years of independence from the British Colonial Rule, we as Ugandans are committed to celebrate our right to self-governances. As citizens, we must use this as an opportuntiy to demonstrate and recommit ourselves to love our country and to each do everything it takes to defend it, promote public accountability, governance and unity in diversity.

2012-09-18 10:07

Iam in full support of the petition to restore presidential term limits in Uganda.

2012-09-18 14:21

Twaakoowa. Ye Museveni Alangirira dd'inty'akooye
JAM

#7 Term limits

2012-09-18 15:37

The time is now to make a difference, to help us rewrite history, to bequeath a Uganda where political transitions happen peacefully.

2012-09-18 16:38

We are indebted to the future generation to explain the removal of term limits. Its either now or never. No body should dare stand on the way of an IDEA whose time has come!!!
One Uganda

#9 Save Uganda, End Despotism!

2012-09-18 16:44

The removal of term limits has undermined accountability and good governance. It is breeding despotism and nepotism. It's reducing this proud country to a personal estate, held hostage to regime rigging. Stand up and be counted. When Uganda calls, I listen and when its time for action, you can't be indifferent! For God and My Country.
Joyce

#10 Oh God Save us

2012-09-18 18:10

We need God's intervention in this struggle, am sure many may not access this web but very much willing to join in the struggle, we should devise means of reaching them by 28th they could triple the target because.... 'Abantu Bakowu'

2012-09-18 18:26

Its my prayer and hope that term limits are restored in Uganda and we get a rule of law.

2012-09-18 18:27

Lord help Uganda and we get real rule of law nsudanie@yahoo.com
Sobadrika

#13 May God save Uganda from the despots!

2012-09-18 21:29

Indeed, The Pearl of Africa has lost the meaning of it's name and the Motto "For God and my Country" has lost meaning wayback... The 9th parliament will be hailed if term limit is restored. Uganda has deeply entered anarchy state with the open term rhetoric that only favors a small portion of Ugandans and promoting discrimination plus corruption!

2012-09-18 23:44

I trust that this country has a lot of leadership potential, and so we need to outgrow this backward thinking that it only one person with a vision for this nation. If Ugandans can only be sincere, there is a lot of complacency on the part of the leaders, and priority areas such as the health sector, have not been given the attention they deserve. But because of over staying in power, the president now takes Ugandans for granted; moreover you don't see any commitment to stamping out corruption in the country.
flav

#15 term limit

2012-09-19 11:17

the term limit pressure is timely. we must show that we are willing to give power to successors. grandparetns deliberating in parliament should let go and allow the likes of proscovia take the mantle. without term limits the sleeping competitors will not go. let the law hold them hard by the collar and throw them out of the offices for newer blood and decisions
Hellen

#16 The time is now!

2012-09-19 12:45

There is no right time such as this, for the launch of this mobilization for Signatures.Citizens of this nation have the right to speak out on all issues affecting them adversely.Citizens need facilitators who can provoke them to have alternative ways of thinking and acting. Ugandan's have an attitude of ," to whom it may concern", but there is need to strengthen efforts for collective action and, now is the time!Well-done Action aid.

Banson

#17 Thank you to the organisers of this Petition

2012-09-21 14:23

This Petition is good for the beloved President's sake who knows where Uganda has come from and where it is going! His legacy and integrity still county. I hope, If you have signed this Petition you are wishing the President to keep his integrity and live a legacy in his late ages! Thank you.
Robert

#18 Very justified campaign

2012-09-21 16:14

I can hear the sound of lost hope by many Ugandans and in turn accepting that Uganda has no leaders hence One Man Rule should proceed. I share the same pain and i am confident that the Almighty shall help our Generation return this country to Ugandans and guide us away from greed so that it is continously owned by all Ugandans not being run by cliques.

#19 term limits should be reinstated

2012-09-22 10:38

we difinately want term limits back
Sabit

2012-10-01 13:55

I'll only give the 9th parliament credit if they restore presidential term limits to two. This country is going astray.

2012-10-01 14:26

It is just the right thing. Thank you!
Mithtoy

#22 Tern Limits

2012-10-01 14:27

I said, It is just the right thing, Thank you!
kosmo3@web.de

2012-10-10 22:52

Ich unterstütze diese Petition,
weil ich sie gut finde :-))) !
goldino

2012-11-01 19:19

Even the best student leaves the classrom..nakuhinga ahorobi,nayinamuka

2013-02-09 14:21

let every body come up and say enough is enough and we need to liberate our selves ok