MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD ABOUT HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD ABOUT HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS.

2016-07-30 15:29

I think it is a great place and so different from the big chain garden centres. Its an excellent local amenity.

2016-07-30 15:29

I am a regular user of Sheeplands for various reasons and appreciate all that they offer to the community and those of us that travel further to enjoy their facilities. Shutting it down would be a huge loss to both employees and those that come to spend their money there.

2016-07-30 15:31

Excellent independent small business offering wide variety of goods and services at competitive prices.  It would be dreadful to see it closed down by narrow-minded officials.

2016-07-30 15:33

We need independant garden centers,giant centers can charge what they like unapposed!

2016-07-30 15:44

I believe in local employment and supplying a needed Service, this is what Hare Hatch Sheeplands has done for many years.
Over the past 10 years I have visited Sheeplands on a weekly basis and have seen it grow and become part of the local community with other people visiting from miles around.
The staff and all employees work hard and are very welcoming and offer an excellent variety of local produce, things to do for children and adults alike.

2016-07-30 15:46

The best selection at one stop with the friendliest staff. Well worth every trip we make out there.
Paul

#7 Don't ruin a superb business

2016-07-30 15:47

Although I have moved away I still return to the area and make a point of going to HHS. The quality of the goods and services on offer is not matched by other garden centres. The community would suffer greatly if HHS closed down. Will WDC make up the loss of revenue to all the local charities? Will WDC provide all the entertainment for young and old that would be lost? Will WDC ever do the decent thing and give the tax payers what they want? 

2016-07-30 15:49

Sheeplands is a family orientated buisiness a nice place to shop with a good variety of choices .

2016-07-30 15:53

My family and I enjoy visiting Hare Hatch Sheeplands and would be very sorry to see it closed.

2016-07-30 15:56

Because Hare Hatch is not only a garden centre that I enjoy going to, but it also puts a lot back into the community. I travel to it from Reading, passing various other similar establishments on my journey, choosing to take my custom here because of all it offers.

2016-07-30 15:56

My wife and I have been using Sheeplands for at least 10 years, and consider it the most friendly and helpful of it's type in the srea.   With the numbers of customers and staff involved, it's closure would be a great loss to the whole of Wokingham and its surrounding areas.

If the council wants to be seen to encourage businesses to start and flourish in this area, Sheeplands must continue as a viable concern.  Otherwise the message given out by the council is "Don't be a successful independant and popular business, we will shut you down."

2016-07-30 16:00

I feel very strongly about the way WDC are behaving towards a brilliant business that puts so much back into the community. It's time for WDC to stop wasting tax payers money on this issue and let the tax payers keep a valued asset that has thousands of supporters.

2016-07-30 16:02

We as a family have used this lovely friendly and diverse garden centre for quite a few years now and feel that it offers a unique experience. The service is always so friendly with a real sense of a family business. It would be a real loss to the area.

2016-07-30 16:03

Because my daughter lives near to and uses Sheeplands for gardening and pet supplies. I have also used and loved your garden centre.

2016-07-30 16:03

This garden centre is a valuable, INDEPENDANT, local business which I use regularly.

2016-07-30 16:04

Hare Hatch is a valuable resource to the local community.

2016-07-30 16:05

because i think its a lovley place to viset with your familey and it ofers work for a lot of peaple

2016-07-30 16:20

We love Ito visit Sheeplands for meals and to buy from their store and just use their facility whenever we are in England visiting our son his wife and children who live in Twyford.

2016-07-30 16:22

When visiting our son and family in Twyford we enjoy this lovely garden center to sit and eat as our grandchildren play.

2016-07-30 16:23

We lived in Charvil and still visit the shop if we are in the area.

2016-07-30 16:28

I have visited and shopped at Hare Hatch Sheeplands for many years as it is a great place offering many much needed services.
The Thames Valley Orchid Society have displayed our plants and held shows there to encourage more people to grow orchids and we have always been encouraged to do so by Hatch Hatch Sheeplands.
It is just a great place to visit and shop or just to have a cup of coffee.
It must not be allowed to disappear.

Barry Cook.

2016-07-30 16:29

Cannot understand why the council have agreed to introduce two other garden nurseries to open in the immediate area, during the time that Sheeplands have had to endure all the burocracy and unrest.
We have shopped at your establishment from day one and have enjoyed your enthusiasm and business acumen to this day. The public should be given freedom of choice and not be channelled to the WyeVale centre, if the council allow competitive garden centres in close proximity, why close or limit your business, when it is clear the public wish it to remain, WyeVale have introduced outlets within their centre, will the council be objecting to those next, probably not, but would have to ask why !! IF GREEN BELT AREAS CAN GET CHANGE OF USE AND MAKE WAY FOR BUILDING HOUSES, WHY ARE THE COUNCIL BEING SO AWKWARD.

2016-07-30 16:38

There is no reason why Hare Hatch Sheeplands should not continue to provide the services it does to the public and to provide competition to the other garden centres in the area.

2016-07-30 16:39

I believe that independent business should get support.

2016-07-30 16:55

In addition to a great, cost effective,privately owned local nursery, I think it is important that they are able to retain a local farm shop selling local produce, as well as a fishmonger and butcher - none of which are available in Twyford itself. The alternative is food miles to go to Henley Farmers Market which is only once a month.