Change the year 6 play

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Change the year 6 play.

2016-06-14 09:53

My main issue with the whole thing is simply the way it has been handled. The children's expectations were always going to be something normal and fun (and the staff know this), and whilst I have no wish to start telling teachers what to do, I do think the decision to do something highly original like Macbeth firstly requires considerable time to create and write and secondly, it requires 'buy in' from the children themselves. This year 6 play should always have a collaborative approach and I feel this year specifically they have been very let down by the school.
It saddens me terribly that I have to write on this petition I have to say.

Anonymous

#2 Re:

2016-06-14 09:59

#1: -  

I agree totally. Before sats week Caitlyn said they were all discussing which plays they were going to vote for and at no point were they told that it wouldn't be their decision. Even upto the end of last week Caitlyn said they were voting this week still with no knowledge that she wouldn't be. 

2016-06-15 07:52

The children should have had a choice (or at least had their expectations better managed), it's a celebration of their time at Julians...I'm sure they'll make a good fist of it (especially if Neil is involved) but they should be excited and exhilarated by the play they are doing, not dispirited and disappointed!

2016-06-15 07:57

Also, every single child in the class put up their hand when asked by the teacher last week if they were disappointed by the choice of play. So it's not just a handful who are disappointed, it's the whole class!!!