Sack Roger Helmer MEP

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Sack Roger Helmer MEP.

2011-05-23 16:57

Absolutely disgusted at the victim blaming!

2011-05-24 00:04

The comments of Roger Helmer MEP are frankly disgraceful, rape is one of the most serious things that can affect someone, Helmer's idiotic comments attempt to shift the blame from the perpetrator to the victim, this man is not representative of our country.

2011-05-24 10:26

Roger Helmer doesn't understand what rape is. I can offer to give someone money to buy something they really want, I can take my purse out, I can begin to hand the money towards them ... but if at any point something in their or my attitude towards giving them the money changes, I can withdraw my offer. And if their response is to snatch it from me, that's still theft ... and it's the same with rape, no ifs, no buts Mr Helmer.

2011-05-24 12:14

This man is a voice for our country and with opinions like this, he is a voice that does not deserve to be heard. Even less should he be in a position to make political decisions where his disgusting opinions can affect us all.

Roger Helmer not only shames rape victims by blatantly suggesting that it could be THEIR fault that they were raped, but also he shames men across our country by suggesting that as a man, they have no control over their behaviour and are really no better than animals. There are no apologies that can be made for comments like this - he must be sacked.
Donna

#6 Ridiculous man

2011-05-24 14:35

#5: -

I completely agree an apology just will not suffice in this instance.

Not only was his original post awful enough but he continuously tried to justify his opinions, and any apology would be false just to save his job. He clearly believes in what he is saying but what he is saying is disrespectful both to victims and both sexes.

After this post the way he was responding to people who showed their disgust to his post shocked me as he was acting like they didnt understand. We perfectly understand Mr Helmers remarks, we just believe his remarks are vile.

2011-05-25 01:21

Roger Helmer's views represent the Tory Party at it's nastiest. It's telling that they've made no attempt to censure him for this and the other outrageous things he has come out with over the last few years.

2011-05-25 14:19

This man shows that the Tory party has changed. It is now no longer afraid to spout right wing idiocy! We must let this Tory's mad beliefs known to his constituents.

2011-05-25 16:25

This man should not be allowed to represent the very people whom he would allow to endure something as horrific as rape and then belittle it as 'less important'.....

2011-05-26 05:55

I'm saddened that this man represents my county as an MEP, and angry at his lack of empathy and potentially dangerous views.

2011-05-26 20:21

I feel disgusted.
Angie

2011-06-15 17:22

I can not believe that this man is an MP. His comments about Rape are appauling and extremley damaging. I have no faith in a political party with MP's that have such opinions. He needs to go.