The Shed for 3am (Friday and Saturday nights)

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition The Shed for 3am (Friday and Saturday nights).

2016-01-02 11:51

I work in a local pub in shawlands and see this to be a good thing for the businesses of the area. It would encourage more travel through our door
KG

#2 Noise pollution & night time economy...

2019-05-19 09:59

The noise generated by some people leaving the Shed (3-3:15am) and travelling the short distance to Babas (fast food - licensed to 3:30am) can be unbearable for local residents affected. This includes banging of bins, shutters on shop windows and anything about that can be hit... then there is the singing, shouting and screaming. The area outside Babas has now been turned into an unofficial taxi rank making the new one at Langside Halls, useless.

Not even mentioned the mess and pissing in closes etc

Anyway 41 people backed this petition, that would be 41 people not affected by these problems. More ignorant than selfish.

If you want a “Night Time Economy” then make sure you have a plan to deal with issues like above for local residents. It is obvious that there isn’t one for Shawlands where local residents are ignored and local businesses that benefit from the Shed being open till 3am+ (what ones?) don’t care.

By the way the Shed take absolutely no responsibility for the people who cause these noise issues which is about 50 feet from the pub on the corner owned by the owner of the Shed which is attached. In fact laughably they also claim that the people causing the noise aren’t from the Shed even though the noise starts when people start leaving the Shed and I can watch them turn the corner from my window. The Shed are trying to blame pubs that have been well closed & passing drunks from elsewhere. 

If you want a night time economy then make sure you have police resources to deal with problem areas and listen and talk to residents that are affected. Lip service, blaming and shouting at local residents affected doesn’t work eh (The Shed).