Say NO to Clarendon Park Residents Parking

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Say NO to Clarendon Park Residents Parking.

2016-01-17 07:57

Why can't the council put the money to better use on a car park to help the local businesses, rather than kill them... 

2016-01-17 18:03

I don't want to have to tell friends and family they or me will have to pay £1 just to come and visit me, ridiculous then there's also the issue who and how is this scheme going to be policed or monitored to stop those without permits parking in our streets anyway, what a short sighted way to deal with a parking problem.

2016-01-17 18:06

Just don't want this scheme as it will hurt the friendly feeling of the area and cause more problems than it will solve, typical council attitude charge the residents to park outside their own homes.

2016-01-17 20:09

Charging for spaces won't solve the parking issues, try again

2016-01-17 20:47

We do not need parking permits

2016-01-17 21:07

Having friends that live in the west end that the permit scheme is a money making scheme for the council. Residents pay for their annual permits, if they have guests they have to purchase them a visitor iAds if staying longer than 2 hours.....ever had a dinner party with a few persons that drive, bye bye £10, £15....£20 !! I have also been advised that non permit holders still take the risk and park in the area taking up all the residents permit spaces. When approached by a resident they are apparently very hostile, still park as they know the proberbility of getting a parking ticket is very low. Please also note that I have been advised that there are only a maximum of 15 traffic wardens on duty at any one time for the whole of the city and suberbs.....how can they therefore enforce the permit scheme adequately, the truth is they can't. Oh and the traffic wardens are run by a private company and the office is closed during weekends and evenings; therefore you can't even call them should you wish to ask for a warden to visit your area due to non permit holders taking up all the spaces!!!

The scheme is just a MASSIVE cash cow for the council and designed to pull the residents trousers down!!!
Elkieb

#32 Re:

2016-01-17 21:28

#7: GAZB -  

Agreed. We need permits! YES to residents parking! 

2016-01-17 21:35

I do not believe that permits will solve the issue with lack of parking in Clarendon Park. I have struggled finding a space by my house during the day when there are commuters and students parked on the road. Likewise my husband could be unable to find a space first thing on a Sunday morning after returning from a night shift......no commuters or student just the level of car ownership.

2016-01-17 21:47

I've lived around clarendon park for over 15 years. My view is that the difficulty in parking is due to students bringing their cars with them to uni then never driving them, and using up parking spaces as a result. Would residents parking also apply to them? I think there has to be a better way to manage traffic in the area than by financially penalising residents who live there all year round.

2016-01-17 22:33

No one gets a guaranteed place, how does it make a difference? Just a tax on residents

Anonymous

2016-01-17 23:19

Parking permits will not solve the issue and just drive the problem to other streets and harm local business.

2016-01-18 11:06

I am a nearby resident and use the streets for parking. Enforcing a scheme would be detrimental to my personal and professional life, as well as local businesses.

#38 Re: Re: Re:

2016-01-18 20:27

#11: - Re: Re:  

So why wouldn't you want a scheme that means we'd be able to park our cars in the day?

2016-01-18 21:41

Proposed scheme is a waste of money and a hassle for residents with cars

2016-01-18 22:12

I signed it because a residents' parking scheme will only make the situation worse. It wouldn't mean we could park in our own street as there are clearly more cars in a street than spaces and we wouldn't be able to park in neighbouring streets if they had a scheme in place. Could well end up parking a distance away. It will have have an adverse effect on the area in economic terms and make the area far less attractive as a place to live. Without the thriving shops the area will go down hill rapidly and it won't be the place we love to live.

2016-01-21 09:30

It is not the solution. It will affect far too many people in a bad way for the few that want to park right outside their houses

2016-01-23 19:53

Resident Parking will make more problems to the Clarendon Park area than solving them and it is not necessary.

2016-01-23 19:57

We are better off without Resident Parking Scheme.
Bob

2016-01-25 10:24

The council has repeatedly ignored requests for statistical justification and logistics on the proposal. It is I'll thought out, and rushed. The local residents have had little to no information delivered to them and all of which implies a stealth strategy to again force a change that can as yet be seen as nothing but a bad decision.

On top of that we finally find out it is hardly democratic. There is only one vote per household and it does not reflect the electoral register.

2016-01-25 23:23

This parking scheme would drive people away from just popping by the fabulous independant CP. People won't want to pay for this parking, so won't come or they will end up fighting over the few visitors bays. Disastrous either way. Don't spoil CP - just leave it as it is and preserve it's charm . Residents live there knowing it is a congested area - they put up with it in favour of the whole ambience of the place. I used to live there for 3 years so I know. I visit regularly and would be very sad to see it change .

2016-01-26 12:33

Students already have to pay a ridiculous amount for tuition fees and expensive rent. Therefore to start charging for residence parking is completely ridiculous and unfair, the council and government do not sympathise for students in the slightest.

2016-01-28 18:06

Introducing residents permits in areas where it is not needed is a waste of money. It will only cause more problems not solutions and will be damaging for the Community.

2016-02-02 22:12

My daughter lives on Lytton Road and also has a small business in a separate studio there. The parking restrictions could adversely effect her business, possibly making it impossible to carry on if her customers were restricted in their parking. It would also effect us when we go down to visit her and her son.

2016-02-02 22:16

My daughter lives Lytton Road and it would effect us when we visit her. It would also adversely effect a lot of the small businesses around there.

2016-02-11 15:58

We have lived in our property for 13 years and we have never had a problem with parking, the opposite side of us have not been included so this is going to cause problems with our neighbours.
Why create a problem when there isn't one!!