Say NO to Clarendon Park Residents Parking

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Say NO to Clarendon Park Residents Parking.

2015-12-06 22:58

Because the parking permits are not going to resolve the parking issues in Clarendon Park it's just another money making scheme !

2015-12-06 23:23

I have signed this petition because I do not feel that a residents parking scheme is the answer. The main problem is students and staff parking from the college and the university - they should be helping to address this problem.
Cpp

#3 Re:

2015-12-07 07:58

#2: -  

The council control the number of parking spaces that the university can have and will not allow them to have any more. The university is already working hard to provide incentives and advice for staff to use alternative means of transport.

2015-12-07 08:29

This is a joke, I am saddened that the City Council want to reintroduce this in the CP areas. "Would the last business open on Queens Road please switch out the lights"

2015-12-07 08:36

This will certainly be the end of Queen's Road. We've seen it in other areas of Leicester. Queen's Road will be no different. So few people actually want this scheme, so what's the real motive? It won't 'solve' anything.

2015-12-07 08:52

I feel strongly that this is an unnecessary move to further tax our use of cars and local businesses will be adversely affected.
GAZB

2015-12-07 10:53

This is all very well and good for the people living on the other side of Clarendon Park Road but you come and live at the bottom of Lytton Road and work from home. Its impossible to find a parking spot if I need to go out in the day.

I won't be signing this!

I want parking permits on my street.

I agree there should be a lot more consultation with all residents rather than them just making up a boundary that doesn't really affect half of the people within it.

YES TO RESIDENTS PARKING PERMITS!

#8 Re:

2015-12-07 10:56

#2: -  

The thing is its always been that problem for the 40 odd years I've lived here. That won't change. At least parking permits will make commuters either park somewhere else, pay to park in car parks or, I know, get the bus.

I understand it doesn't make sense to have permits if it doesn'teffct you. It does me I'm afraid so I'll be voting YES

GAZB

#9 Re:

2015-12-07 10:57

#5: -  

you obvious;y don't live on a street where it is a problem. If i go out in the day I have sometimes drove around for 14/20 mins looking for a spot.

I'll be voting YES

P

2015-12-07 11:05

This does have a massive impact on me, but parking permits will not slove the problem. You will still not be able to park outside your house. You just have to pay to not park then. Voting no.

#11 Re: Re:

2015-12-07 17:13

#9: GAZB - Re:  

I do,  actually. 

Dan

#12 Re:

2015-12-07 18:19

#7: GAZB -  

Do we know how much of the parking is non-resident? The common statement that it's university staff and students is anecdotal. Lots of residents have cars, possibly at more than one per household. If they all get permits then the problem is simply monetised. It needs proper data collection before an expensive and divisive scheme is implemented.  We were quoted  something like 8 years of fees and fines to recover the implementation costs by the council, so the scheme will not be a pilot and not scrapped if unsuccessful. 

2015-12-07 22:30

The proposals would make parking much worse. They would take a lot of spots we currently rely on and change them to one hour parking only. Eg junction of St Leonards and Montague Rd where 5 spaces would go. This is repeated in many places.

2015-12-08 08:50

Because it would have a disastrous effect on my business in Clarendon Park. Not only on my customers who would not be able to park when visiting our offices but also on our staff of seven who need to park nearby when coming to work

2015-12-08 17:04

I have lived in Clarendon Park for nearly 15 years and while I do agree that there is a issue with parking I do understand that this is a high density mixed use area and to bring in a parking scheme will have a detrimental effect on the local businesses, schools, the library, places of worship and so on. Being such a diverse area is what makes Clarendon Park a great place to live. To have to pay to park on your road with no guarantee of parking outside your home and with some of the roads off the Queens Road being pay & display this will not solve the problem. The council need to approach the college and university to discuss the issue as it seems to be their students and employees that are causing a lot of the issues with parking. I will be voting no to this. If this is introduced you can kiss good bye to Clarendon park. Remember Allendale Road and the West End!

2015-12-12 20:40

I love shopping on queens road, going for coffee and being able to safely park to take my daughter to school in the area. Resident parking will make all this very difficult.

2015-12-12 22:50

My son goes to school in this area and I already find it very difficult to park. I am not a resident so I wouldn't be able to park at all.
CP resident

2015-12-14 01:37

This will have an adverse affect on a lot of things. Business is the main issue, small businesses will see a huge cost being implemented in their parking. So it's a poor deal for business. It's a poor deal for residents who care more about their money than their ability to find a space, and even that's a myth. Who said they looked for 14 minutes to find a space? Shut up you're just wasting people's time! 

The people hit the hardest by this will be students. It's not just £25 for them but between £350-£500 extra for car insurance when the companies get all jittery about them leaving their parents to put their car in a larger city. You can bet that most student cars on those streets of CP are still registered at parents, so have to get a huge cost thrown at them if they wanna keep their car! They will undoubtedly choose to move somewhere else with freer parking meaning landlords will then begin to struggle. 

I think this is too big to not be asking questions about, especially when the only people it benefits are grumpy residents and the council... 

2015-12-17 07:33

I did not choose to live in a residential parking area. Do not change it.

2016-01-01 16:57

I don't want a parking permit scheme in Clarendon park!

2016-01-09 16:05

You are being asked to pay for what you already get for free. There is already tight parking in Clarendon Park but we accept that as part of the price of living in a vibrant neighbourhood. With the parking scheme spaces will be further diminished with additional 'No Parking' lines and zones. The cars will not diminish. Indeed when a senior citizen (often without a car) moves to a home or managed living space the price of property in Clarendon Park is such that only professionals on a good salary can buy in to the neighbourhood. If they are a couple that may well mean one or two additional cars. If we choose to live in Clarendon Park it is a 'lifestyle choice'.. and you accept the realities 'warts and all!'! So there it is....just get on with it!

Jm

#22 Re: Re:

2016-01-10 20:20

#3: Cpp - Re:  

The problem with alternative means of transport i.e. buses is that they are unreliable and expensive. If the council wants residents to reduce car use which they're trying to do through a parking scheme, they should also work at improving public transport services - have more frequent buses (that actually arrive on time) serving the area and offer incentives to residents to use them often. It's puzzling why the issue of public transport has never been raised in the discussion on the residents parking scheme. There needs to be a holistic approach on this issue and a proper consultation with the residents with them fully participating in the whole process. 

2016-01-13 14:06

We know that Residents' Parking Schemes kill off businesses. If you live here it is because you enjoy the vibrancy of a mixed population and economy and that comes with some negatives. But let's not turn into an area of boarded up shops and estate agents, let's build on the community feel here and say No to this scheme.

2016-01-14 13:15

Although there is a problem very occasionally in my street the proposals would, I believe, make things worse not better for me and others overall.
Montague Rd

#25 Re:

2016-01-15 11:49

#7: GAZB -  

Well said. YES to resident parking!