Graduation at St Albans Cathedral, Hertfordshire 2016

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Graduation at St Albans Cathedral, Hertfordshire 2016.

2015-10-21 07:56

I hope everyone gets what they need
Harry Potter

#27 Re:

2015-10-21 16:36

#1: -  

Why don't you spend your time studying to get a better degree rather than giving a shit and complaining where your ceremony is...no employer's gonna care where you spend your £50 to hire a Harry Potter gown and pose for selfies...

2015-10-21 18:02

My daughter and her friends have been working hard to be graduate nurses and its a tough career choice nowadays.When the road gets tough I keep telling her it will all be worth it when you get to the cathedral to graduate.Now I feel the shine has been knocked off this very prestigious ceremony and it won't give her the same encouragement inside a very modern campus building in no way comparison to the stature of St Albans Cathedral a wonderful building fit for the occasion.Very disappointed to hear decisions have been made to do this.

#29 Re: Re:

2015-10-21 19:34

#27: Harry Potter - Re:  

It takes no time to vote to be able to celebrate your own personal achievements. This is the most obnoxious message. It is not about emplyment, or the exact achievement that you get. It is about celebrating what you have got, and being able to celebrate where you expexted to celebrate. It's about feeling good and proud of your achievements. 

Our point is, why would we want to return to university to put on a gown for a photo to be taken in our lecture hall. It completely diminishes the 'special' day. It's a cop out. It makes us feel unworthy of feeling pride. 

So please, take your rude remarks elsewhere. We aren't looking for an argument, we're trying to make a difference for something that effects us.

It is so disprespectful of you to comment as if you are better than us and to attempt to belittle us.

We should not feel ashamed to feel pride, and we won't. 

If you don't want to support us, then don't, but save your comments because it helps no one. 

2015-10-21 19:35

A promise should never be renaiged on, if it's to do with money I think £9k per year from each student then don't be skinflints. If nothing else they deserve to be graduated in style, they've earned it.

2015-10-21 19:41

How on earth can the de havilland campus compete with St Albans cathedral? Give these young people what they deserve after working so hard.

2015-10-21 20:45

It's such a shame that this is happening. Been speaking to some of the university nursing lecturers and even they believe that it is completely wrong and we should be graduating at the cathedral. For all the hard work, blood, sweat and tears we put into this course, we deserve a light at the end of the tunnel. Not a small graduation, we deserve the best for giving the best to our degree just like everybody else. 

#33 Re: Re:

2015-10-21 21:24

#27: Harry Potter - Re:  

A better degree??Nursing for one???Unbelievable no one and I mean no one can never ever say they will never need a nurse or doctors help.I don't want to get embroiled in this but why bother to put a negative and condescending comment on here if your not interested in the petition only to spark flames?!!

2015-10-21 22:01

A friend's daughter has been studying for the last 3 years and deserves the best after all her hard work.