Creigiau Quarry

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Creigiau Quarry.

2015-09-24 21:11

The reopening of the quarry will greatly increase traffic on unsuitable roads, and increase noise, and dust, and disturb wildlife, in an otherwise quiet village. It will also increase traffic in nearby Groes Faen, which already has a great deal of it - and no pedestrian crossing, despite many requests.

2015-09-25 07:05

Isn't it time we started to address the imbalance and put peoples' needs ahead of big business?

2015-09-25 10:27

Please sign this petition and make sure that Tarmac know that they can't push people around. This re opening of the quarry will put many lives at risk. Please help.

2015-09-27 08:19

The roads leading out of the quarry are inadequate to accommodate the intended volume of lorries; to allow a bus to pass cars need to mount the pavement - this isn't safe.

In addition the woods around the quarry provide a home for wildlife, foxes, birds and small mammals.

2015-09-29 15:56

Traffic movements through a quiet rural village will be unacceptable. Value of houses in the village will be adversely affected.

2015-09-29 19:18

Concern re increased HGV traffic. The roads in both villages are already at capacity at peak times and are not wide enough for two HGV's or more importantly an HGV and a bus to pass. There are not pavements along even the "main" roads so pedestrian, horse/rider, cyclist safety is going to be compromised. The weight restrictions already in place are routinely flouted. Also concered re noise & dust pollution.

2015-10-02 07:41

The re-opening of the quarry will have a severe impact on the local community. Of most concern is the effect on the roads, the access point is on a dangerous bend and the road is narrow and impossible for two large vehicles to pass each other. The intended number of lorries accessing the quarry each day will make life intolerable for residents of Pantygored Road. When the quarry was last open the noise, dust and difficulty of access was horrendous and the new proposals would make the situation worse. In addition volumes of 'normal' traffic have increased considerably over the intervening years. There is also the question of environmental issues in terms of atmospheric pollution, a question which was not considered to be as much of an issue in the past.

2015-10-02 10:46

I need to visit Creigiau frequently - none of the roads into the village are suitable for heavy traffic. There are places where even cars have to stop to allow one way passing. Furthermore, the pavements are commonly used by residents with children. Older residents and those with young children walk along the village roads for leisure as well as shopping, visiting etc. - the use of the roads by lorries carrying stone will have a disastrous impact on this - dust, noise, fumes, hazardous and dangerous.

2015-10-05 15:11

I definitely do not want the quarry to reopen, too many lorries on our roads, Heol Pantygored far too narrow, dangerous, health implications re dust, air pollution, not safe too play /walk near entrance, lose the wildlife, noise, unacceptable working hours , damage, devaluatin of our properties, ec etc

2015-10-09 19:25

Lived in the area for many happy years and would like to help protect the community for future generations.

2015-10-11 16:58

I understand that Tarmac Lafarge take no responsibility for the routes or behaviour (speeding etc) that the drivers take since the quarry merely has a contract with a haulage firm and therefore decline to accept responsibilty for any deviation from agreed speed limits or routes - See the Radyr / Morganstown soapbox website for instances
At no time has anyone considered that the average fixed axle tipper lorry is 3m in width thus physically preventing lorries from passing each other in opposite directions along both Pant-y-Gored Road (approx 4.5m wide) and the road leading from Pant-y-Gored Farm to the main A4119 which contains the recently strengthened (but not widened) railway bridge over the old British Rail passenger line
Can a lorry safely exit Pant-y-Gored Road to turn right towards the A4119 (fully laden) if there is traffic coming down from Pentyrch at the legal speed limit of 30MPH?
Where will the quarry provide wheel washing facilities at the exit from the quarry?
Where will the quarry provide the (statutory requirement of) offroad parking for lorries awaiting filling at peak times
Has an

2015-10-11 17:51

We are concerned at the additional road traffic which has already been substantially increased by 'rat runners' from Church Village Bypass during morning & evening commuter period. Many of these people pass through the village centre at well over the 30mph speed limit.

2015-10-12 04:13

I'm originally from the area. It is an area of great beauty and I'd like it to stay that way.

2015-10-12 06:43

Against the extra lorries in the village.

2015-10-12 16:35

Love the story. A few years after I saw the movie I had the pleasure of meeting Christopher Monger. I now count Chris as one of my most trusted friends.

2015-10-12 18:16

Being born and lived in the area for many years, my thoughts are with the local people who have this lived part of Wales, like many others who have for many reasons lived in many parts of the world our home will be Wales!
Good Luck with your fight!

2015-10-12 19:40

This is detrimental to our village community.

2015-10-12 21:10

I live in Bronllwyn and my children attend Pentyrch Primary. The reopening of Creigiau Quarry will have a profound affect on our health and quality of life.

2015-10-12 21:22

Stop this riduculous plan!

2015-10-13 05:52

As a resident of Pentyrch living in the heart of the village, I am very aware of the heavy goods vehicles and coaches that already come through the main street when they are obviously taking a short cut. Opening the quarry is bound to increase this type of traffic. This, plus the noise and pollution is totally unacceptable.

2015-10-13 09:20

To protect the environment and an area of the country that is dear to me and on safety grounds due to the points raised in the petition regarding residential areas, schools and narrow roads.

2015-10-13 16:08

I grew up in this part of Wales and still visit often, so I know what a negative impact this would have on this beautiful area.

2015-10-13 19:04

I travel along Pantygored road 3 times a day to ferry my grandchildren from Pentyrch to Creigiau school and nursery. It is very narrow and you often have to mount the pavement to avoid a van or school bus coming the other way. This road is NOT suitable for a large number of lorries to use...it will be an accident waiting to happen! Also the quarry access is very near the recreational ground, which is constantly used by children and young people.

2015-10-14 08:24

Unsuitable roads for heavy Larry traffic

2015-10-15 15:33

Because the area is not only beautiful, but the roads cant cope now with all the traffic. Plus i grew up in this community & feel it will be destroyed. Go build somewhere else