We, the undersigned, object to planning application 15/01953/MJR for the extension of Creigiau Quarry on the following grounds:-
- The application fails to address the highway issues around Creigiau Quarry, in particular Heol Pant Y Gored, which is clearly unsuitable for purpose. Up to 146 HGV movements per day along this road will mean vehicles being unable to pass each other, mounting the pavement on residential streets and the unavoidable long delays to both local and quarry traffic ;
- Lorry traffic movements through Creigiau and Pentyrch villages must be strictly forbidden. However, this application clearly allows this. Both villages containing primary schools, nurseries, shops, parks, etc. An incident in Pentyrch resulted in a 7.5 tonnes limit in parts of Pentyrch for exactly this reason ;
- The application extends the life of the quarry by some 4 YEARS adding 1.62 million tonnes of mineral reserves at the assumed extraction rate of 400,000 tonnes per annum. Whilst the protection of ancient woodland is welcomed, substituting one area for another should NOT result in this huge net increase ;
- Operational hours are not reasonably fitting with a residential area. 7am is too early from a noise level point of view and HGV traffic movements should be restricted around school times and peak commuting times ;
- Concerns still need addressing from local residents over structural damage to houses, dust and air pollution, noise levels from blasting and machinery such as the ‘Pecker’ and HGV reversing noise, road safety, and surface and ground water problems.
Cllr Graham Thomas Contact the author of the petition
|Log in to manage your petition.|