Creigiau Quarry

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Creigiau Quarry.

2015-08-19 08:20

Because our health, safety and the environment are being ruined by this quarry.
lifelong creigiau

#2 Re:

2015-08-19 10:28

#1: -  

is the quarry in operation? i don't think so

2015-08-19 11:00

The quarry is already ridiculously close to Pentyrch school - reopening will have serious short and potentially long term health effects to children attending.

2015-08-19 11:54

The blasting alone will be destructive enough, notwithstanding the other detrimental effects.

2015-08-19 12:36

Because the plans to reopen the quarry will put lives at risk and affect the environment

2015-08-19 13:15

Because it is right by our house and will be noisey, too much traffic, dust and destroy wildlife and congestion. It is too close to the school

2015-08-19 16:31

I am opposing the creigiau quarry for tge said reasons
deb

#8 No to creigiau quarry

2015-08-19 16:34

far to narrow for lorries.

far too close to pentyrch primary school,

not safe to walk/play around the area,

too much noise, dust,

damage to properties etc etc

2015-08-19 16:40

Because i feel passionate about our village and i think it will be VERY detrimental to EVERYONE who lives in Pentyrch, Creigiau and on the outskirts !!!
Cllr Graham Thomas
The author of this petition

#10 Re: Re:

2015-08-19 18:25

#2: lifelong creigiau - Re:  

No its not and we dont know when it might re-open

But they are certainly looking to re-open

2015-08-20 18:09

The quarry should not be operational in such a close proximity to Pentyrch primary school. The noise,vibrations,haulage traffic will significantly disrupt the environment and the quality of life for local residents in Pentyrch/Creigiau.

2015-08-20 18:17

I am really concerned about the reopening of the quarry!!!

2015-08-25 13:33

Complete failure to address highway issues and the safety implications for users of Heol Pant y Gored in particular, for pedestrians and road users. Noise levels and possible structural damage to homes. The roads through both villages are too narrow for such heavy vehicles and I am very concerned regarding the health and safey issues for the communities of both villages.

2015-08-28 08:13

Feel very strongly about this issue, it is a matter of safety. If large lorries are passing along these narrow roads every six minutes, there will be accidents, injuries and possibly fatalities. No material gain is worth that.

2015-08-28 08:19

I live in Pentyrch and the quarry will introduce a huge amount of traffic and pollution onto small roads. The access road is next to Creigiau recreation ground which is used by hundreds each day, including children and young adults who could be at risk from the proximity of the large lorries. Also, a number of protected wild animals live in the current derelict quarry site (including dormice and newts) and they would be killed by the quarry reopening.

2015-09-03 14:08

Because I do not wish my peaceful village to be torn apart by a money orientated company.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-09-03 20:54

2015-09-06 17:30

I am concerned about public safety from dust and noise, road safety from traffic usage of local narrow roads by large numbers of heavy lorries. In addition to potential damage to housing, schools in the close vacinity from vibration due to blasting, noise polution. With a school and other housing in close proximity to quarry extention area has potential for adverse effects to the comminity.

2015-09-06 23:17

ibecause i live in the village of creigiauand believe my home,safety,and village is going to be destroyed by Lafage

2015-09-08 15:53

Surrounding area cannot support the movement of large scale industrial vehicles with safety guaranteed to people and property. Air pollution, noise and ground water considerations in my opinion are issues not satisfactorly addressed.

#21 Re-opening of Creigiau quarry

2015-09-11 15:22

To date none of the concerns expressed by residents regarding the environmental, property and health and safety impacts of this matter have been answered in a way to give confidence that our fears are unjustified. As a resident of Creigiau for 34 years, I feel that our comments are being ignored in favour of Lafarge's influence.  

2015-09-11 18:32

I feel very strongly that residents' valid concerns about environmental, property, health & safety and traffic issues are being ignored and that only Lafarge's 'rights' carry any weight in this matter. Our elected representatives, local and national, should fight to protect the rights of their constituents.

2015-09-11 19:09

I strongly agree with all of the objections made in the petition to the extension of the quarry . Health and Safety of the residents is of paramount importance above any other considerations .
Noise levels from such large vehicles frequent use of road is also harmful to wellbeing and mental health of both adults and children in the vicinity

2015-09-12 09:24

I walk regularly along Pantygored Road and I do not want my safety compromised by trucks driving on the pavement.
Rule 145 of the Highway Code states that:
You MUST NOT drive on or over a pavement, footpath or bridleway except to gain lawful access to property, or in the case of an emergency.
And gets authority from section 72 of the Highways Act 1835.
So two trucks will not ne able to pass on Pantygored Road without breaking the law and I am sure the police will be there to enforce it.

2015-09-17 16:28

I grew up in Maes-y-sarn, Pentyrch when the quarry was last active. The quarry is approx 400m from the house and the blasts could be felt quite significantly in the house. To the extent that damage to the structure seemed likely over the course of time. I would worry about the effects on buildings and on people's health if this was to resume.