SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS

SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS / Announcements / Hare hatch Sheeplands - Please help in the fight for survival / Comments

2015-05-06 22:06

Why pick on an independent garden centre to close ? They provide a varied range of facilities for people of all ages from very young to the not so young. For a lot of us it is a days outing, the chance to meet other people to have a chat and a coffee and to be able to choose their own plants for their garden instead of other having to choose for us. We have been grateful for the help given us to visit Hare Hatch Sheeplands and we want this to continue for the future. We don't want the money grabbing monopolies trying to take over our lives. We want to support the smaller trader, building his business up from pure hard work and providing a variety of special events for their customers. hard work, fair prices, variety plus help for local charities what better way to help the community. Help local people providing a pleasant environment to visit, a treat at an affordable price LEAVE Hare Hatch Sheeplands to continue its business as it has done for years. Bring back SantA and his Grotto, how low can a Council go but ,to take away from the young , the spirit ,magic of Christmas. Obviously Wokingham council has no concern for anyone you care a about or anyone who can only cope with reletavively short excursions. Give us back our local business take away monopolies. This coming up election hopefully will reflect people's feelings, but being announced so close to the election could be their way of preventing people have not time to vent their true feelings.

2015-05-06 22:47

Devistated
Katie p

2015-05-06 22:53

Why are WBC so short sighted! Does it have anything to do with the back handers they receive from large national garden centres to open and expand their business. They have no issue with building on green field sights around Wokingham Town, Arborfield and Shinfield as this mega money in their pockets but when an independent trader wants to expand and make the most of the land they own the council refuses the plans! It's disgusting that after all the work that went on through previous petitions and planning you're back to square one! let's hope tomorrow's election creates some much needs change within borough!

2015-05-07 07:29

Disgraceful unnecessary bureaucracy. Hare hatch Sheeplands is a vital part of the community. It provides a tremendous service not to mention community feel about it. Cannot believe the shortsighted nature of this decision. I though both governments were in favour of initiative and business enterprise. clearly I was wrong.
Anita Kearslake

2015-05-07 07:51

It would be a great shame to lose HHS. The children love the play area and farm, we also frequently use the coffee shop and farm shop.

2015-05-07 07:58

Sounds like someone in the area, who has more clout than you, has a profit motive to shut you down. If you can't win fair, win foul.

2015-05-07 08:23

Sheeplands is a valuable venue for all the community, and will be sadly missed by all generations of my family. Visits to the children's farm will particularly be missed by my grandchildren. We will miss too all the young trainees who help make Sheeplands such a fun place to visit.

2015-05-07 09:17

I fail to understand why WBC planning department is devoting so much energy to this when they are so lax elsewhere.

2015-05-07 11:12

To lose Hare Hatch Sheeplands would be an tragic loss to the community a wonderful place that gives so much to so many - why do WBC want to destroy such an asset which brings income from people not only locally but further afield.

2015-05-07 12:57

Sheeplands has been valuable to the community for so many reasons. I can't believe that our council are so utterly short sited. Still at least I get the chance to vote them out today!

2015-05-07 15:47

I have been using this business for more than ten years now as a professional in the land based industry and have found it to be a really friendly and helpful outlet not only for its products, but also a great asset to the local community. I do not understand the lack of inequality, sensitivity and lack of democracy in this Boroughs decision. WBC, give this business the credit it deserves!!

2015-05-07 18:04

This is a great independent garden centre, WBC should listen to the people who use it and help HHS to survive!! It will be a great loss to me and my family as we prefer it to the larger chain of garden centres. It's part of our community which we treasure.

2015-05-08 09:57

I strongly feel that WBC are taking away a great assess to our comunity, the parties that are put on for our elderly in the comunity are looked forward to by these people as many of them do not get out very often, my mother is lucky as she has a family who are able to take her out and she loves to have lunch in the cafe at sheeplands as everyone is so attentive, many are not in this suituation and the parties at sheepland is like going to a big family reunion were they are welcomed with open arms by all the staff at sheeplands and treated like kings and queens while they are there. These event are the high light of these peoples lives and should continue and not be taken away. Being able to go to sheeplands for fresh fruit, veg, eggs and things for the garden and home all under one roof is great, the attention everyone gets at sheeplands is second to none and this should NOT BE TAKEN AWAY FROM OUR COMUNITY. I hope the future of sheeplands can be secured as its a great asset to our comunity and surrounding areas.
Mrs c Johnson

2015-05-08 12:36

Is WBC determined to destroy any small pleasures we have. Suffering mental health issues there are very few places I feel able to shop, Sheeplands is a lifeline one of the few places I feel able to shop and feel comfortable and safe. If these facilities are taken away I fear I will become more isolated and have the one pleasure of being able to buy gifts for family and friends taken away from me. I can spend several hours walking round and feeling better at Sheeplands please do not take this pleasure away.

2015-05-08 18:23

I have known HHS all my life. I am a professional gardener and always buy from and recomemd the garden centre to clients and friends for the great quality stock and expert advise which is not available in any other local garden centres in the area! The farm shop sell beautiful, healthy, local food at reasonable prices providing opportunities for people to support local trade unlike the thug-supper markets!
I SUPPORT HHS!
Camilla Farrelly
Tom

#41 HHS

2015-05-10 13:34

It's heartening to see the numbers of signatures on this going up in leaps and bounds. I don't want to see this place go down! WBC should be ashamed.

2015-05-10 17:07

This is shocking, especially because it looked as if a compromise could be found.

There are lots of losers: HHS, their staff, suppliers and customers, and the local community HHS have done so much for. And the winners? Really only the competitors of HHS. Or is anyone else happy about this?

WBC seem to hide behind rules. Could they explain to us, the people they are accountable to, what they try to achieve here?

JC

2015-05-10 18:05

My husband and I were devastated to learn of the current situation for Hare Hatch. Going along the A4 on a Saturday or Sunday all the 3 garden centers are full. Hare hatch is much used and appreciated by the. Local community extending to many Reading people. The children love the children's are and farm and its loss will be much mourned. Many local people are employed and they have worked hard to make what could well end up by being a very tatty looking area look good and enjoyed. What is so different between HReHatch and Ladds Garden Centre? Jennie and Bob Collett

2015-05-30 15:15

When will WBC listen to the local community and reverse its decision to close Hares Hatch?

It is not in an area of outstanding beauty - it is on the A4 - opposite two other garden centres & close to a third, so it is not out of place there.  I remember the eyesore it was before the farm shop was developed.

The people at Hares Hatch are very community minded and contribute a lot locally.

It is a lovely place to shop, which I do there several times a week.

WBC need to go back and think again.

I support Hares Hatch!

Mrs Edwards

2015-06-04 14:20

It is disgraceful that Wokingham District Council is refusing to listen to the wishes of so many of it's residents. All around where we live in Earley we have been subjected to massive amounts of "infilling" that has robbed us of green space. Yet when a business that is absolutely ideal for the surrounding area it is in flourishes, you try to close it down on the spurious grounds of protecting the greenbelt. Hare Hatch Sheeplands provides a valueable and fun service to those of us who love to visit it, while supporting many small businesses and giving us the chance to buy locally grown and produced fresh produce and crafts. It should be allowed to continue on the same basis as the other business in the area.

2015-09-15 18:42

Hare Hatch Sheeplands is somewhere my children love to go - they choose this play park over Weyvale's across the road. We choose to go to there Christmas grotto over others because it was for charity and not piled back into overly priced company. If you drive passed at weekends the car park is always full, so the local community love going there. Why take away a business that wants to grow and develop. In this day and economical climate surely the government should help business not rip them apart,

2015-12-23 13:14

Very valuable facility,disabled friendly please consider all the customers who would like this to stay open.

2015-12-23 17:23

Please let Sheeplands keep running, it is my favourite garden centre.
All the staff work really hard to make it a good place to visit and they should not lose their jobs.
The garden centre has something for everyone and be a huge loss to to the community if it were to close

2015-12-23 22:51

I would love for HHS to stay as it is. I'd rather support a local garden centre than a commercial one that can sell at extortionate prices.
Please please save HHS.