Save Knotty Ash Nursery from closure

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Knotty Ash Nursery from closure .

2011-02-21 22:16

Sign this petition to help stop the closure of a local nursey. Tory bastards.
lisa farrell

#2 knotty ash childrens centre nursery

2011-02-21 22:30

my daughter maddie attended knotty ash childrens centre and nursery from march 09 till nov 2010...maddie started there a very reclused complex little girl in her own world after suffering brain injury during birth and left an extremely head strong,delightful communicative big girl...all thanx to the fantastic staff who cared for her and nurtured her during her time at knotty ash. The staff where an amazing support to maddie and to myself and my family,on those many a day when i felt overwhealmed there was always someone there who would notice and give up time to make sure i was ok before i left, i could laugh and cry with them and they would make things seem so much better as i knew Maddie was so happy there.
i attended so many courses there to help me prepare for maddies future,i gathered so much information and strength from these courses and the invaluable people who ran them and attended them...i learnt confidence in my ability to parent maddie to able her to reach her full potential and not get lost in all the 'medical stuff',i made lasting friendships which give me much needed support. Maddie also enjoyed fantastic opportunities doin music with
the liverpool philarmonic,learning baby sign as an early form of communication we would never have had with her...all in all what i am trying to say is that knotty ash childrens centre and nursery enriched our lives and we shall be forever greatful to the supportive,caring staff that work extremely hard top make sure our kids are happy and well cared for as well as lookin after us parents for all the fun stuff just as much as all the much harder stuff you face as a parent of a child with special needs...to take this service and this staff away...well there is no justification...live a week in our lives and see how long you last!!! shame on you,you have broken our hearts...
Jackie Partington

#3 Re: knotty ash childrens centre nursery

2011-02-21 23:00

#2: lisa farrell - knotty ash childrens centre nursery

Hi Lisa, This is lovely what you have written. Maddie is a lovely little girl and it was our pleasure to have her in our nursery.

We gave letters out today to the parents with an email address on for the council, for them to air their views. If you dont mind would you send what you have written to : budget@liverpool.gov.uk

Hope you are well and we much appreciate your support.

Love Jackie x

Maria Wood

2011-02-21 23:05

Please save Knotty Ash Nursery

#5 Re: Re: knotty ash childrens centre nursery

2011-02-21 23:26

#3: Jackie Partington - Re: knotty ash childrens centre nursery 

I have just sent that message like you asked... take care xx

kelly scott

#6 Closing of knotty ash nursery

2011-02-21 23:27

Think it is not right to close a supported unit for children and parents needing support from this nursery this is why i am pleading and signing this potition for all the children and parents in there hope it helps thank you.
darren clarke

#7 closure of knotty ash nursery

2011-02-21 23:39

not fair what is happening am going to support by getting as many signatures as possible please help
John Hendrick

#8 Closure

2011-02-21 23:54

FRONT LINE SERVICES liverpool council throwing the next generation on the scrap heep before they start.
Lisa Dempster

#9 Save our nursery

2011-02-22 00:34

My daughter has attended Knotty Ash nursery now for 2 years. She started there when I had to go back to work after not only having Post Natal Depression but also losing my Mum.

I was so unsure about leaving my 11 month old daughter with anyone, but the manager and the staff made me feel so welcome and encouraged me to take as long as I needed to help her settle in. They told me that if she was happy then I would be happy and vice versa and they were so right.

Two years on I have watched my little girl blossom into a confident, happy, inquisitive child and I believe a lot of that has been because of the input from the nursery staff, who to me show daily that they care about the children in their nursery and they encourage and enable every child to reach their full potential, alongside parents.

There are children at the nursery from all walks of life, different cultures, different lifestyles and every child is treated as an individual. Some parents and children who rely on this valuable service have witnessed and been supported through Domestic Violence, Drug and Alcohol dependency, Mental Health issues, disability and illness and safeguarding. In this nursery the children can come along and just be children away from the stresses of home.

I know that any worries or concerns I have I can go in and discuss with either the manager or any member of staff. I have never felt as if I have been judged as a parent, only ever supported.

I looked at other nurseries in my area but Knotty Ash nursery was the only one that I felt could meet my needs as a full time working Mum and single parent.

If the council close this nursery they will be denying the community of Knotty ash one of it's greatest assets and losing many years of valuable experience from the wonderful team of dedicated and committed staff. The parents who use this facility feel so strongly about the nursery and we will do everything we can to fight against it's closure.
Peter Denis

#10 Unbelievable!

2011-02-22 00:37

Why is it always the poor or lower middle class that get hurt. Knixing this nursery is a shame. Children are our future and you politicians want to cut their future goals and intelligence?! Shame on you.
Lisa Dempster

#11 Re: Save our nursery

2011-02-22 00:42

#9: Lisa Dempster - Save our nursery

I have sent a copy of this to budget@liverpool.gov.uk. Can people please email this address and give your views. Please try and keep it clean (no swearing). Just underline the positive of the nursery itself x

chloe mae

2011-02-22 03:37

disgusting closing all our surestarts!!! keep them open!!!!
Guest Sharon murray

#13 Re: knotty ash childrens centre nursery

2011-02-22 16:50

KRISTEN BYRNE

#14 Nursery Closure

2011-02-22 16:52

Please keep this Nursery open, it is vital and totally crazy for it to face closure.
Claire Lydiat

#15 Knotty Ash Nursery

2011-02-22 16:52

Don't close the Knotty Ash Nursery, it is needed in that area.
Vilga Toleikiene

#16 Knotty Ash Nursery

2011-02-22 20:46

I want to appeal to all who decided that our Knotty Ash nursery should be closed,do not be so cruel and let us not take from the children of their second home,because only at home children feel safe and loved and this is just such a nursery,there are all staff working in our childrens second mother who protects,loves and takes care of our children.It is the Best nursery for my child.Be a human after all children they are our FUTURE.I hope that you take the right decisions on which you will not be ashamed to our children.
elsie gilmore

#17 knotty ash nursery

2011-02-22 21:47

my son cameron went to that nursery to help me get over havin post natal depression he really enjoyed his place there recently my daughter grace attended there as i was suffering really bad post natal depresssion to help me bond with my baby grace went there give me time with lily in the short time she was there she came out ov nappies and her speech came on loads thanx to the staff at the nursery save knotty ash nursery :)
Melody Senters

2011-02-22 23:21

Keep this place open!
Jill Kathan

#19 PLEASE SAVE IT :(

2011-02-22 23:55

Please Please Please! Listen to us!
Fran Liptrot

2011-02-23 10:35

Please keep this much used facility

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2011-02-23 10:45

Sonia Masheder

2011-02-23 10:53

A vital resource for the community. Please allow common sense to prevail, and keep this much needed facility open.
Hayley Little

#23 #23 Knotty Ash Nursery

2011-02-23 11:10

please keep the nursery open we need more good facilities like this =)
karen shan

#24 #24 Knotty Ash Nursery

2011-02-23 11:23

please keep this nursery open
Jagori Banerjee

#25 Knotty Ash Nursery

2011-02-23 11:50

Please keep this nursery open - much needed by the local people.