Justice for Little League

Justice for Little League / Announcements / LasVegas / Comments

2015-02-09 17:54

The longer that Little League lets this drag on, the worse the ultimate fall will be.

Greg Brown
Chris Janes
The author of this petition

2015-02-09 23:15

Agreed.  They should have approached this with a much higher Sense of urgency months ago.

#3 Home league play

2015-02-10 00:03

Chris, one thing I noticed in the comments about the Las Vegas story - someone claimed that the players on the JRW LLWS team never played any regular season games in the JRWLL.  Since you're in the area, do you think there is anything to this assertion?  Not that it makes any difference with the boundary issue, but if this were the case, it would make the situation even worse.  

Greg Brown

Chris Janes

2015-02-10 05:35

There are several kids from JRW's team that are first year JRW players.  It's been speculated that, given their robust travel schedule, none of these kids could have had time to play 12-15 in house games.  That said, I don't think any one outside JRW could know for sure.  There is minimal documentation required to show players have met the minimum playing requirement.  Without seeing actual score books there would be no way for me to know for sure.

But lets be honest...at this point nothing would surprise me.

2015-02-10 06:08

Gotcha.  I have thought that at some point, Little League will mandate that every game in competitive divisions be scored on GameChanger or something equivalent.  That way the scoring is immediately uploaded to a database, which could be audited for pitch counts and mandatory play.

Greg Brown

2015-02-10 18:53

Go get a life!
Chris Janes

2015-02-10 21:28

Have one.  Love it. Hows yours going?