SAVE HILLCREST SWIMMING POOL
This public space is an iconic landmark in the City of Tshwane. Many Olympians and National Champions have trained here every day and built their swimming careers by competing in competitions hosted at this pool.
Lack of funds to perform maintenance has resulted in the pool being closed indefinitely.
This will have a negative impact on all residents who cannot afford the fees of gyms and private pools and might want to:
* learn to swim;
* train for various galas, open water events and/or triathlons;
* keep fit; and
* obtain qualifications for jobs in the navy, police or airlines.
The aim of this petition is:
1. To determine the extent of public interest in keeping Hillcrest Swimming Pool open and functional.
2. To approach the City of Tshwane with this petition and request them to commit to do the necessary maintenance and repairs to keep Hillcrest Swimming Pool open and functional.
3. Open the door for communication to the private sector to seriously consider a longterm MOU with the City of Tshwane that will grant private investors access to maintain the pool on behalf of the City and manage this space in a professional manner.
If you want Hillcrest Swimming Pool to receive the necessary funds and attention to keep it open and functional, please add your name to this petition to SAVE HILLCREST SWIMMING POOL!
Concerned Citizens Contact the author of the petition
Manage your signatures
Have you not received the confirmation email or do you want to remove your signature?Manage your signatures
|Log in to manage your petition.|