2011-12-14 00:09

#162: Disgusted - and an ex pupil too! - Re: Re:  

just shows ignorance of deafblindness, how sad :(

Replies

Disgusted - and an ex pupil too!

#170 Re: Re: Re: Re:

2011-12-14 01:25:46

#165: - Re: Re: Re:  

I'm sorry -are you referring to my comment? You're right - there is a lot of ignorance about deaf blindness and that is why there are so many comments on here slating Molly. It is my experience of MHGS (as it was at the time) that a number of pupils could not understand additional disabilities and those who had physical disabilities were bullied by the minority. Some of the comments on here, bordering on abusive, from apparently ex pupils, show that this mentality hasn't changed. It is particularly scathing towards mental and emotional health issues and I've seen plenty of comments suggesting that Molly is somehow exaggerating her feelings to gain support and publicity. I find this outrageous - how can people be so arrogant to assume they know how she is feeling? If you are referring to my comment in a negative way, I.e. I am criticising a deaf blind person's written English, no, that certainly was not my intention. I was trying to point out this person was being particularly high handed, seemingly knowing a lot about legalities, yet he/she was abusive to Molly's Mum, calling her "stupid" , yet failed to proof read his post before he hit the reply button. Surely there is irony in that. I wanted to assure you that I am the last person to be ignorant of such issues, I have personal and professional experience.