Flooding of Maidenbower/Furnace Green bridleway

Quoted post

2014-01-31 22:41

we live in the road and much prefer the tunnel being shut as drivers dropping their kids off and parking in our road to use the school is a massive pain and park in the most inconvenient of places.. how about as parents you take some responsibility in making sure your child makes it to school rather then making them make their own way in such bad conditions

Replies

#36 Re:

2014-02-01 09:54:27

#31: -

I understand that this is frustrating for house owners, but most of us picked Oriel because of the access.  It takes my daughter half an hour to walk to the tunnel alone, and having to walk all the way around would take her 90 minutes.  It is not safe for her to leave home walking before 7am when it is still dark.  I DO take responsibility and drive her and her friends round to the school at the moment, but it takes me 50 minutes to get there and back home.  This is not practical if I need to get to work. The tunnel is the only safe way through for some children, so saying you prefer it closed is a selfish attitude which is putting the children at risk.

#49 Re:

2014-02-04 15:13:42

#31: -  

If the tunnel is shut, more kids will be driven to school thereby increasing the problem in your road.