Hands Off Hartlebury Common

Quoted post

2011-05-31 01:06

It is important to keep the biodiversity of the common and access for the public. This can only be achieved by maintaining the common in its current form.

Replies

#12 Re: It is important to keep the biodiversity of the common and access for the public.

2011-06-01 17:02:46

#1: -

Currentley the ratio in terms of land area is 90% heath and scrub 10% trees. Not bad considering there has been no management of the common for 100 yrs. The idea that there was some golden age when there was even more heath and scrub is entirley a deliberate falsification, fabrication of history to suit there own ends.

Dingle

#66 Re: hands off hartlebury common

2011-06-18 15:26:47

#I 1: -

I would advise you all to research the biodiversity of heathland. Heathland is one of the worlrds rarest environments - even more rare than rainforest. The fact that Hartlebury is isolated makes it even more important that the habitat is maintained as heath and that succession is arrested and preferably reversed. I suggest research includes visits to Highgate Common, where lots of work has been carried out to restore the heatland & its very rare flora & fauna. The soil scraping so deriided by the action group is not to check on the progress as has been suggested, but the scrapes are to assist the survival of the many [ more than 100] varieties of solitary & mining bees that heathland supports.

I am a dog owner & will point out that we have choices about where we exercise our pets, unfortunately, heathland species can only exist on heathland. Scrub destroys the habitat & must be controlled, or do the present users of the Common want their children to be denied the opportunity to do likewise?

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2011-07-21 23:11:06

TR

#1210 Re: cattle

2011-07-26 17:45:24

CATTLE ARE DANGEROUS TO PEOPLE AND DOGS AND WILL ATTACK AS A HEARD WHO EVER THOUGHT THAT UP IS WRONG CASES UP AND DOWN THE COUNTRY PEOPLE SUEING COUNCIL AND OWNER  OF CATTLE FOR DAMAGES AFTER BEING PUT ON COMMONS ELSEWHERE THE THE DEFINITION OF COMMONER IS ONLY PEOPLE WHO USE COMMON CAN SAY IF THIS ALLOWED OR NOT     NOT THE COUNCIL DO YOU ALL HERE THAT

tony

#1606 Re:

2011-10-28 08:51:25

it woulds seem english heritage now sides with commoners of stourport and have changes there rules accordingly so the  36  sites of scientific intrests  can  now be kept as  it is what a result  which means it is now against rules not to look after all 36 sites of scientific intrest that make up the peoples common land hartlebury common note the word common worcestershire  county council bandits

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2011-10-29 00:13:31