Petition to Shut Down Provo Canyon School

Anonymous

/ #26 A total nightmare

2016-05-03 01:33

I was in PCS for 8 months in 1993/4 and it was an absolutely horrific place. I was in the girls school. The amount of mental abuse and trauma that myself and the other girls at the school suffered is unforgivable. There is no reason that this school ought to even be running today. The majority of the staff were abusive. In retrospect I ought to have sued them, reported them,... something. I'm 36 years old now, and my teenage years are another lifetime ago, but I'll never forget the traumas I endured at PCS. The violation of basic human rights, the abuse, the isolation, the bizarre punishments, the persectution against anyone that was not a Mormon... just unbelievable that it even happened, and this school is still running. I was just looking it up out of curiosity as to find some of the other girls I was there with, and was shocked to see it is still running, and people continue to report the horrors of the place. There are two ladies I recall very clearly: Mo and Carolyn. They should be in prison for the abuse of power. Carolyn was just cruel. Mo was cruel and insane. She accused me of being a witch, and doing witchcraft, beause of a doll that my mother sent me (and because I did not attend the LDS services). She had it out for me something serious, and made every single day living hell. I wouldn't be surprised if Mo ended up in a mental institution or imprisoned for harming somebody. There was a lady there named Heather that was the only kind part of my stay. She was the only person that really cared about the girls, and wasn't on some cultish power trip. She was a really good person, and I've often wondered what became of her. Sadly, she was the only one that wasn't abusive, save a few of the teachers. What that school put me, and the other girls, through was unforgivable. I've no reason to exaggerate the horrors of it now. I've not even thought of it in the last decade or so. Seeing nothing was ever done to bring justice to the kids that were locked up there is just shocking, and felt compelled to shed some light on what went on in the early 90s. The girls I was locked up with could easily get together and sue them for everything they have -- at least to shut them down -- for the human rights violations that occured there day to day.