Save portlaoise A&E services now following the Leaked Report of the Midlands. Hospital group management .

/ #222

2016-02-20 02:38

I have spent the last couple of weeks in the hospital.
People are on trolleys, why should a place close down if we just need an expansion and not for it to be closed down.
Secondly , we can't be sent to tullamore or naas because they just the same. So where do we go? No where can facilitate us. Naas has 6 ICU beds, portlaoise only has 2! A man who lived right across from the Naas hospital was sent here because there was no room for him in naas! So your going to tell us there will be space for us elsewhere, that's lies.
If someone has a heart attack you expect an ambulance to get from wherever they are which could be kildare to here and back to naas in time? I definitely don't think so.
We need EXPANSION! not to be got ridden of and forgotten about.
You want more space for medical? Build a new hospital just for maternity and out patients?
We are in the Midlands I'm sure you'll find the greenery to build!
Move the psych ward back to its original place if needs be! Do the best u can. But our hospital must stay.
We are a community, u need the money I'm sure the community would help fundraise some if necessary.
That's all I have to say.
19 year old student.