Reinstate Mr. Thomas Leahy

Linda Ledesma

/ #109

2015-11-05 03:54

If my children who are all grown had been involved in the colony that would not allow homosexuals in and I had gotten wind of that I would have been down to the classroom to visit with the teacher and talk about it then.  I also would have been very upset with my child for their actions and remarks about gay/lesbian comments...Apparently these parents were not to concerned about that issue.  Their involvment came after Mr. Leahy showed the 8th grade class about how bullies affect the people and what can happen when your hateful actions are directed at a person.  That person feels so terrible that they want to stop the pain so that is where suicide enters into the story.  Has anyone seen that Suicide is one of the leading causes of death of young people these days.   I support Mr. Leahy and would hope they school district would try to come up with a solution afterall he was set to retire next year.   That being said if i was Mr. Leahy I would probably not come back to the school district if he did or does there will be a group of parents waiting for the next thing he does that they do not agree with and they will be all over it and him because he was allowed to return....Mr. Leahy as a parent I would have been so honored if you had been my children teacher.  You sound like a very caring teacher and we need more like you.  Sorry that your caring in the end has come to this...Please don't let it define you.....